To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Update to challenge checker for GC8QYFM

[Resolved] A challenge checker for GC8QYFM
May 15, 2020 04:27PM
In order to log this find, you must have found twenty-five caches with the words fall, falls, waterfall, waterfalls or fallen in the cache name; just those and no other AND at least one(1) must in a State other than California. As an alternative, which is always enjoy offering, I hold out this option to people who have fallen behind in their caching duties: you can also log this cache is you have 5000 Finds but are still in the process of hiding your own physical cache.
Re: A challenge checker for GC8QYFM
May 15, 2020 04:55PM
May 15, 2020 06:20PM
Got it. What about finding 1250 caches total in the two months that are totally in within Fall, i.e.October and November and as the alternative, you have 5000 Finds and 1 hide, whether archived or not.
May 15, 2020 07:00PM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8QYFM/51381
bat the alternative is not allowed because you can not specify that somebody has the own a cache.

Please test and reply
May 15, 2020 07:44PM
Tell you what: since there appears to be no way around creative an alternative, let's change the challenge to finding at least 300 caches total in the two months that are totally in within Fall, i.e.October and November
May 15, 2020 08:01PM
Changed to 300 caches
May 15, 2020 08:08PM
Great and thanks for your patience.
Update to challenge checker for GC8QYFM
October 09, 2020 06:32PM
I am archiving this cache (for which the challenge was finding at least 300 caches total in the two months that are totally in within Fall, i.e.October and November and for which your created a challenge checker) and replacing with GC5HMY0, which has the identical challenge. Can I have the same Challenge Checker for the new cache?
Many thanks,
Eagle Rock Rob
October 10, 2020 05:52AM
A challenge cache must have a dedicated checker which is a requiredment according to https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206

2.15 Challenge checker requirements of the guidelines
Your challenge cache may be disabled or archived if the associated challenge checker does not work properly. Make sure that your checker and cache page meet these requirements:

A challenge cache page can only include one challenge checker.
The GC code on the challenge checker must match the GC code of the associated challenge cache page.
The challenge checker must verify that a player does or does not qualify to log a challenge cache as found.
October 10, 2020 02:58PM
I am not sure that I understand your response. I was trying to make it simpler by showing that a new cache has the same requirement as a prior cache that is being archived and for which you previously created a Challenge Checker. What I did not want to do (and your response makes it clear that it would have been inappropriate) was to copy the old checker. So, in sum what I need is a Challenge Checker for a new cache, GC5HMY,0 and for which the challenge is finding at least 300 caches total in the two months that are totally in within Fall, i.e.October and November. Should I just do a new, separate request?
October 10, 2020 03:19PM
OK just make a new request
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login