To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC8REDJ - Quality-Cacher

[Resolved] GC8REDJ - Quality-Cacher
May 23, 2020 09:25PM
Please make a checker for my unpublished cache GC8REDJ - Quality-Cacher (Challenge Cache).

The task: Find in 10 countries caches with an amount of minimum 1000 favorite points.
If possible it would be awesome to see a blue ribbon when the challenge is fulfilled by a geocacher.

Thank you!
May 24, 2020 07:51AM
Hi,
Do you mean in 10 countries the cacher must have found A cache with minimum 1000 points, or a SUM of caches worth 1000 points.

If it is the former (10 caches in different coutries with 1000 FP EACH) then here is the checker.
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8REDJ/51604
However, you dont quite qualify, you only have 9 countries. I surprised myself by having 4 countries!

If you want the SUM of FP's in 10 countries.... you might need a new checker
May 24, 2020 05:40PM
Sorry, we mean/want the SUM of 1000 FP's with a minimum of 50 FP´s for a single cache, in each of the 10 countries :)
May 24, 2020 10:06PM
OK. I have removed the previous checker.... here is your new one based on the SUM, I could even use an existing script.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8REDJ/51634

Can you test and get back to us
May 25, 2020 06:57AM
Please enable the checker
May 25, 2020 09:01AM
My bad.. enabled now
June 25, 2020 08:01PM
Hello,

there seems to be a problem with real countries and countries which are accepted by geocaching.com as a country...

Our challenge is about travelling in real countries - so if possible, could you please exclude these regions in the checker:

"Aland Islands",
"Faroe Islands",
"Gibraltar",
"Guernsey",
"Isle of Man",
"Jersey",
"Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands"
June 26, 2020 07:01AM
I can filter by country, but this script does not allow me to exclude countries other than not including them in the filter.

So, here is the full list, I can remove the ones you mentioned, and I can try to guess others that would be in the same category, like "Falkland Islands:..... I will modify the checker in about 20 minutes so please feel free to request furhter countries excluded or even put back in.... click on the 'config' button in the checker page to see what countries are included.

"Algeria","Angola","Benin","Botswana","Burkina Faso","Burundi","Cameroon","Cape Verde","Central African Republic","Chad","Comoros","Congo","Democratic Republic of the Congo","Djibouti","Egypt","Equatorial Guinea","Eritrea","Ethiopia","Gabon","Gambia","Ghana","Guinea","Guinea-Bissau","Ivory Coast","Kenya","Lesotho","Liberia","Libya","Madagascar","Malawi","Mali","Mauritania","Mauritius","Mayotte","Morocco","Mozambique","Namibia","Niger","Nigeria","Reunion","Rwanda","Saint Helena","Sao Tome and Principe","Senegal","Seychelles","Sierra Leone","Somalia","South Africa","South Sudan","Sudan","Swaziland","Tanzania","Togo","Tunisia","Uganda","Western Sahara","Zambia","Zimbabwe",
"Afghanistan","Armenia","Azerbaijan","Bahrain","Bangladesh","Bhutan","Brunei","Cambodia","China","Cyprus","East Timor","Egypt","Georgia","Hong Kong","India","Indonesia","Iran","Iraq","Israel","Japan","Jordan","Kazakhstan","Kuwait","Kyrgyzstan","Laos","Lebanon","Macau","Malaysia","Maldives","Mongolia","Myanmar","Nepal","North Korea","Oman","Pakistan","Palestine","Philippines","Qatar","Russia","Saudi Arabia","Singapore","South Korea","Sri Lanka","Syria","Taiwan","Tajikistan","Thailand","Turkey","Turkmenistan","United Arab Emirates","Uzbekistan","Vietnam","Yemen",
"Aland Islands","Albania","Andorra","Austria","Belarus","Belgium","Bosnia and Herzegovina","Bulgaria","Croatia","Czechia","Denmark","Estonia","Faroe Islands","Finland","France","Germany","Gibraltar","Greece","Greenland","Guernsey","Hungary","Iceland","Ireland","Isle of Man","Italy","Jersey","Latvia","Liechtenstein","Lithuania","Luxembourg","Macedonia","Malta","Moldova","Monaco","Montenegro","Netherlands","Norway","Poland","Portugal","Romania","Russia","San Marino","Serbia","Slovakia","Slovenia","Spain","Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands","Sweden","Switzerland","Turkey","Ukraine","United Kingdom","Vatican City State",
"Anguilla","Antigua and Barbuda","Aruba","Bahamas","Barbados","Belize","Bermuda","Bonaire","British Virgin Islands","Canada","Cayman Islands","Costa Rica","Cuba","Curacao","Dominica","Dominican Republic","El Salvador","Grenada","Guadeloupe","Guatemala","Haiti","Honduras","Jamaica","Martinique","Mexico","Montserrat","Netherlands Antilles","Nicaragua","Panama","Puerto Rico","Saba","Saint Kitts and Nevis","Saint Lucia","Saint Barthélemy","St Eustatius","St Kitts","Saint Vincent and the Grenadines","St. Martin","Trinidad and Tobago","Turks and Caicos Islands","United States","US Virgin Islands",
"American Samoa","Australia","Cook Islands","Fiji","French Polynesia","Guam","Kiribati","Marshall Islands","Micronesia","New Caledonia","New Zealand","Niue","Norfolk Island","Northern Mariana Islands","Palau","Papua New Guinea","Pitcairn Islands","Samoa","Solomon Islands","Tonga","Tuvalu","US Minor Outlying Islands","Vanuatu","Wallis And Futuna Islands",
"Argentina","Bolivia","Brazil","Chile","Colombia","Ecuador","Falkland Islands","French Guiana","Guyana","Paraguay","Peru","South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands","Suriname","Uruguay","Venezuela"
June 26, 2020 09:25PM
@GreyHams: you may disregard the last request for exclusion.
June 26, 2020 09:26PM
We are looking for a solution and think the best way is to exclude no area - even if they are no countries as we no them...
So could you please add these countries to the list again..
„Aland Islands"
„Faroe Islands“
"Gibraltar"
"Guernsey“
"Isle of Man“
"Jersey"
"Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands"

We have a few more challenges submitted - there is the same problem.
I guess we will ask you to undo the yesterday’s work too - SORRY for that!!
June 26, 2020 11:26PM
OK, I have changed it back... no problem :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login