To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Texas Counties vs Texas Delorme Challenges

[Resolved] Texas Counties vs Texas Delorme Challenges
May 25, 2020 04:38PM
I found cache GC9374. Per PGC's map counties that cache counts towards Dallam County, TX. However when I run the checker for Texas Delorme Challenge (https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC2WBQZ/25748) this cache doesn't count for any Texas Delorme grid. To me it sounds like either PGC's county lines are off, the Delorme lines are off, or perhaps even both. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
May 25, 2020 05:10PM
GC9374 is according to the PGC boundary map in Texas but on the Delorme map the boundaries are set in a polygon which does not use the PGC (OSM) boundary map.
In stead the tagger has chosen to setup his own Texas boundary which is not correct in a lot of places.
May 26, 2020 03:00AM
So what would you suggest for the proposed solution? Should I contact lillfiluren or sloth96 individually? I don't see a way to tag them into this thread using "@"s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2020 03:00AM by kiecker. (view changes)
May 26, 2020 03:37AM
Contact sloth96 to redue the outer boundary of Texas in line with the OSM boundary i.e. extended the outer boundary beyond the State boundary and use the config for the Texas boundary.
As example you can use GCVG6Y - South Carolina DeLorme Challenge
May 27, 2020 02:55PM
I did not create the county boundaries. They seemed to be provided by the infrastructure as did the delorme polygons.
May 27, 2020 03:24PM
I am not refering to the county boundaries but to the Texas outer boundary. Because this boundary is anchored in the config any changes in the OSM polygon are not automatic adopted. This is causing the issue.
May 27, 2020 03:31PM
Please forgive my confusion. There seem to be two lines you are referring to.

"polyset": "Delorme_TX",
"region": "Texas",

Both of those were defined by the system. The Delorme_TX polyset was not created by me. The region I believe is part of the project-gc metadata filter.
May 27, 2020 04:35PM
OK now I understand the confusion. Normally the tagger creates the polyset but in this case you used a set which was created by somebody else.
To correct the problem I will create a new polyset for Texas but this will take a couple of days to get it into the metadata
June 04, 2020 03:20AM
Any updates? Thanks!
June 04, 2020 05:24AM
I am working on the polygons but the metadata is a bit more complecated as I had expected.
June 08, 2020 12:36PM
I have created a new checker with a new polyset which only allows caches within the Texas (OSM) boundary

The link is https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC2WBQZ/51916

Please test and reply
June 08, 2020 05:00PM
Overall it looks good. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login