To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker for a multicache calendar ignoring leapday
June 11, 2020 06:06PM
Hello, in december 2018 I was helped by Vogelbird to set up a challenge checker for a multicache every calendar day of the year (excluding leapday). I was not allowed to publish the challenge cache at the time because there were too few people in Sweden (only 4) that could match the challenge. I wonder if it is possible now to set up this challenge, ie how many in Sweden that meet the requirement now ?
The id was GC80WEF at the time
Thanks
Geparderna/Kjell Hellstrand
Re: Checker for a multicache calendar ignoring leapday
June 11, 2020 07:06PM
Maybe this one?
<a href="https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC80WEF/38641">Project-GC Challenge checker</a>
June 11, 2020 07:26PM
Hello, yes, that is the one. Last time Vogelbird did something and sent me a list with the people that met the challenge (4 at that time) and also the 10 or so that were closest. I need to know if there are at least 10 that make it. If it is not 10 I can't publish.
Thanks
Geparderna
June 11, 2020 08:11PM
These fine Swedish profiles fulfills the challenge
peter-tvm
BeholderX
Graazzt
Geparderna
Karmansbo
mbis
Micke70
christinah2
rogernordin
O2le
BandLEngstrom
Sakletarna
Tonky73
June 12, 2020 06:08AM
The new GC-number is needed, as it is linked to the checker.
June 12, 2020 05:33AM
OK, thanks a lot for the help. Now I need to create a new cache to publish because GC80WEF is gone. Can I use the link to the checker above or do I need to come back with the new GC number ?
Thanks
Geparderna/Kjell
June 12, 2020 07:26AM
Please provide a new GCcode
June 12, 2020 07:09PM
Hello again,
as I mentioned before I wanted to submit actually four challenge caches in Dec 2018 but when the multi one failed I cancelled all of them. I had checkers prepared for all of them so now I ask to have them renamed/retagged to my new GC numbers.
Old GC - New GC
GC80WEF - GC8TVVN (Multi for all calendar days)
GC80WNF - GC8TVV0 (Myst for all calendar days)
GC80WN9 - GC8TVVB (Trad for all calendar days)
GC80WNH - GC8TVVV (Trad+Multi+Myst for all calendar days)

Thanks a lot
Geparderna/Kjell
June 13, 2020 06:40AM
Hello and many thanks. The checkers are working exactly as I want. Great job ! Now I can try to publish.
Greetings
Geparderna/Kjell
June 17, 2020 11:05AM
Hello agin,
the challenge GC8TVVV (Trad+Multi+Myst for all calendar days) with checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8TVVV/52057 was not accepted. Apparently you can only set a challenge for one geocache per day.
Can we change this checker to check if there is a trad OR a mult OR a myst for each calendar day. Ie a much easier challenge but it will meet the requirement of only one per day.
Thanks
Geparderna/Kjell
June 17, 2020 11:12AM
Checker updated. Checker link unchanged.
June 17, 2020 01:58PM
Hello,
many thanks for a quick response. It seems to work fine.
Best regards
Geparderna/Kjell
June 17, 2020 04:24PM
Hello again,
just came to my mind that if this cache is going to be any different than a challenge with e.g. just traditionals for each calendar date then there needs to be an additional requirement that it must be at least a minimum of each type. I was thinking maybe 10 multi and 20 myst and 50 trad.

I theory you could then have 10 dates with multis, 20 dates with mysts and the rest of the dates with trads.

Is it possible to create such a checker. Is it acceptable ?

Thanks
Geparderna /Kjell
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login