To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Please remove checker for GC5JYY9

[Resolved] Please remove checker for GC5JYY9
June 14, 2020 12:54PM
Hi,

Please remove the existing checker for GC5JYY9, The Florida Lonely Cache Challenge.

The checker incorrectly tells you you qualify after finding one cache that has been lonely for 183 days. it should be 3653 days. Multiple people have used the checker and tried to claim the find because of this erroneous result.

Please decline to create checkers for this grandfathered challenge in the future. There are some very specific instructions on the cache page. By asking for a checker that only requires a cache that went unfound for only 183 days, I suspect whoever requested this checker asked for that number arbitrarily (minimum time a cache can go unfound to qualify is 190 days).

Thanks!
Re: Please remove checker for GC5JYY9
June 14, 2020 01:04PM
The checker appears to be correct and following your alternative scoring rules to collect points based on the age. The last note indicates that:

OK: found 157 caches (needed: 1) not found in 183 days totaling 250 points (needed: 20)
June 14, 2020 04:22PM
The checker is incorrect. You can’t qualify with just one cache unless that one cache was lonely for 10 years. There is no provision for any cache unfound for 183 days. It’s one point for each cache unfound for a minimum of 190 days, not 183. For each additional 190 days there is an extra point awarded.

Please remove the checker. It does not work. And I’m tired of people trying to cheat using a checker that does not work.
June 14, 2020 04:27PM
You can't qualify with just one cache. With this checker you need to get enough finds (1) AND get enough points (20). But vogelbird can remove it if you don't want it.
June 14, 2020 04:32PM
Just remove the darn thing already. With all due respect, I’m not asking for an opinion. I’m asking for removal. I’m also asking that there is no more checkers made for this challenge.
June 14, 2020 04:50PM
Reading the exchange I think the problem stems from the wording in the result
I had this question before that the CO is reading the result incorrect
OK: found 157 caches (needed: 1) not found in 183 days totaling 250 points (needed: 20)

The problem is " found 157 caches (needed: 1) not found in 183 days"

It looks as if you only need 1 cache which is not found for 183 days
but if you look further you only qualify with a minimum of 20 point ( 20 caches @ 183days)

The scoring in the checker is
6 months = 1 point
1 year = 2 points
1.5 years = 3 ponts
2 years = 4 points
etc.
June 14, 2020 05:28PM
Ok. I’m not asking for a debate. I’m asking for the checker to be removed. I think I made that clear.

You don’t need one cache, though you cloud.

Your find doesn’t qualify with 183 days between finds. It must be 190 days.

I’m really not interested in a justification. I want the checker removed. The challenge worked great as it was before a checker. The checker, in this instance and as you point out, causes confusion. It also allows for caches that do not meet the minimum requirement to qualify.

Please Remove the checker without any further argument. I’m not interested in arguments as to why it “works”. It doesn’t.
June 14, 2020 07:53PM
A disappointed reaction but I have removed the checker.
June 14, 2020 10:01PM
Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login