To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC67YCC-Neum-a partial Fizzy Challenge

[Resolved] GC67YCC-Neum-a partial Fizzy Challenge
October 10, 2016 11:49PM
Request a challenge checker for this cache.

requirements as follows:

1--Must have logged at least 40 of the 81 D/T combinations; 10 of the D/T combinations must include a 4.5 or 5.

2--Must have logged a find in two states or countries outside of the Virginia, USA border (or 1 state and 1 country).

3--Your finds list must also include at least five geocache types.

Thanks --Honu58
October 11, 2016 04:35PM
I can't make the checker exactly as you require this will need a new script or script adoption. This might take a long time, so with some small alterations I made a checker which will do 4 tests.
Test 1: Total number of D/T combinations inside Virginia.
Test 2: Total number of D/T combinations with D/T include a 4.5 or 5 (anywhere in the world)
Test 3: Total number of regions outside Virginia ( does not test the D/T combinations)
Test 4: Total number of types ( again does not test the D/T combinations)

The link to the checker is http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC67YCC/23007
October 12, 2016 09:45PM
I'm not sure what in your script won't meet the requirements. It looks like everything is met. Let me know so I can see what I need to modify.
October 12, 2016 10:18PM
The only difference from the listed requirements seems to be that you seem to have added a requirement that the 40 D/T combinations must be found within Virginia. I don't read that in the originally listed conditions.
October 12, 2016 10:30PM
The checker works in 4 separate tests
First test: 40 D/T combinations in Virginia
Second test: 10 D/T combinations anywhere in the world with D or T 4.5 or 5
Third test: 2 regions outside Virginia anywhere in the world but not tested on D/T combinations
Fourth test: 5 types anywhere but not on D/T combinations

The Difference with your request is in:
Test 1 - 40 combo's in Virginia, your could be 38. However test 3 can not check on combi"s
Test 3.- can also not handle the combination region or country that's why it is based on regions
Test 4 - is not able check two unique elements so it only tests for unique types and not combi's
October 12, 2016 10:50PM
Will it work properly if I remove the requirement for 2 states or countries outside of Virginia?

I'd really like to keep the d/t combo's the way I have it set up. If after removing the location requirement and the d/t combo is an issue, give me a recommendation that makes sense and I'll probably go with it.

Thanks for your assistance.
October 12, 2016 10:59PM
Two regions outside of Virginia is no problem, as vogelbird's checker shows. Specifying "or countries" is not possible with this script.

Vogelbird seems to have read some additional requirements into what you wrote that I don't read:
I don't read any requirement that the 40 D/T combinations must be within Virginia
I don't read any requirement that the regions outside Virginia or the types must have anything to do with D/T combinations (which he was saying he can't implement)

So as I look at it, the only differences between what he's implemented and what you requested are:
The 40 D/T combinations must be within Virginia
It checks for two regions (state-level divisions, not countries) outside Virginia
October 13, 2016 08:46AM
I don't really desire the requirement of 40 caches to be found within Virginia. If we can remove that requirement and make it so that you have to find a cache in more than one state, I'll be satisfied.

So as I see it the revised logging requirements are:

1--Must have logged at least 40 of the 81 D/T combinations; 10 of the D/T combinations must include a 4.5 or 5.

2--Must have logged a find in at least two states.

3--Your finds list must also include at least five geocache types.
October 13, 2016 08:50AM
I will change the config later today
October 13, 2016 12:00PM
Checker is updated to your last requirement http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC67YCC/23007
October 14, 2016 12:08AM
Thanks for all the support!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login