To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC6VAHD It's No Pony It's A Monkey Challenge

[Resolved] GC6VAHD It's No Pony It's A Monkey Challenge
October 11, 2016 01:11PM
Hi
Please could you write a challenge checker for the following:-
Essentially this is a challenge for someone to have 500 or more caches in the combined total of the difficulty 5 and terrain 5 lines of their D/T grid with at least 1 cache in each box and not counting the 5/5 box twice. In essence a check needs to be made for at least one qualifying cache in each box 1/5, 1.5/5, 2/5, 2.5/5, 3/5, 3.5/5, 4/5, 4.5/5 and 5/5 and also 5/1, 5/1.5, 5/2, 5/2.5, 5/3, 5/3.5, 5/4, 5/4.5 and then add the totals of the Difficulty 5 line with the Terrain 5 line and deduct the number of caches from the 5/5 box (otherwise this is included twice as it forms part of both totals). If someone has 500 or more caches then they qualify for this challenge.
I have already had this challenge concept approved by a reviewer (Long Man) and he has agreed to publish if a checker can be written as I qualify for this myself. The challenge is not just restricted to the uk but open to worldwide finds as well.
If you require any further information or more clarity on the challenge, please let me know. I can be contacted on the below.
Thanks
Paul Osborne (alfieo)
07894 761781
osborne602@btinternet.com
October 11, 2016 03:09PM
Here is the link to the checker http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6VAHD/23005

Please confirm if this is what you require!!
October 11, 2016 03:56PM
Hi
It is almost perfect. I have checked it against my own stats and I have a total of 276 along the 5 difficulty line and a total of 286 along the 5 terrain line and 43 in the 5/5 box. This should mean that I qualify with 519 caches but the checker is saying 518 caches so somewhere along the way it is deducting 1 extra cache which might scupper some people.
Can you have a look and let me know if this is something within the program that needs amending.
Thank you for the fast response though, much appreciated
Regards
Paul Osborne
(alfieo)
October 11, 2016 04:53PM
There is a possibility that it is caused by (alfieo has 7038 finds on 7036 unique geocaches) the checker will count a cache only one time.
October 11, 2016 06:27PM
Hi
That makes sense, in which case the checker seems good to go
Thank you very much
Regards
Paul
October 11, 2016 06:33PM
Hi
I don't think the second part of the checker is working. I ran the checker against someone that had not filled the requirements but it gave a pass.
The checker is testing that there are at least 9 D and 9 T blocks filled on the Matrix and not the 9 in the D5 or T5 column.

I used cacher Shefetswe
October 11, 2016 06:58PM
I forgot to limit the checker to D5 and T5 only on test 2 and 3.

It's fixed now. Please let me know if it is working as expected
October 14, 2016 12:49PM
Challange published, request archived
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login