To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC8ZA00

[Resolved] GC8ZA00
September 09, 2020 10:27PM
Hi ,
This checker isn’t picking up all challenge caches, it appears to be picking up about 1/3 of them although all those caches I’ve checked have the new challenge cache attribute attached.
Is the checker checking for the Challenge attribute or the name, or am I just being impatient?
Regards
Sue

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2020 10:33PM by Lulybelle. (view changes)
September 09, 2020 10:41PM
The checker is using the Challenge attribute. It tells me you have 181, which matches you Project-GC ProfileStats Finds tab.

The Challenges tab would still be based on cache name, since the attribute update hasn't completed yet and/or the attributes haven't flowed through to all of the Project-GC system. Project-GC typically doesn't update cache details until there is activity on that cache (I think there's an occasional refresh of older caches, but it is very infrequent if there is). If there are specific challenge caches you want refreshed, you can go to Support -> Self support and enter the GC codes.
September 09, 2020 10:53PM
My Project GC profile page says I have found 490 challenge caches which is correct. The other profiles I’ve checked are also missing about 2/3 of those they have found. What’s the best way to make sure the attributes are picked up?
September 09, 2020 11:15PM
The Challenges tab shows challenges based on name. For you it shows 490.

The Attributes section of the Finds tab shows caches with the Challenge attribute (which is what the checker uses). For you it shows 181.

For any caches which have had the attribute added but Project-GC hasn't found, you can use Self-support to refresh Project-GC's database, as I mentioned above.
September 09, 2020 11:26PM
Is it likely that Project GC will ‘find’ these attributes within a week or so? Obviously to make it a viable challenge it needs to pick a lot more than 1/3. I don’t really fancy going through all the challenge caches in the world. But if it’s likely to be corrected in a cycle through shortly then it should be fine

Sue
September 09, 2020 11:31PM
I believe I saw a date of end of September to get all the updated attributes into Project-GC, but I speak under correction.
September 10, 2020 02:58AM
Geocaching HQ announced that "early next week," they plan to run the script to add the challenge cache attribute to challenge caches that have not already been edited manually.

Thereafter, once Project-GC's database synchronizes to those changes, users will see their "Challenge Cache Attribute Checker" results more closely approximate their total number of challenge cache finds, as shown on the Project-GC statistics in the challenges tab.
September 10, 2020 08:38PM
Thanks, it seems a sensible timetable. I’ll wait until they’ve been picked up before submiting it for publication

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2020 08:39PM by Lulybelle. (view changes)
September 10, 2020 11:12PM
magma1447 kicked off a bulk update yesterday. Your stats now say 490 Challenge attributes. I think we're good now...
September 11, 2020 06:49AM
Oh that’s brilliant, many thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login