To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC2XERK - Well-Rounded D/T, find 15 D/T combos in a day

[Resolved] GC2XERK - Well-Rounded D/T, find 15 D/T combos in a day
September 13, 2020 08:43PM
A friend suggested I request a checker for this challenge, first published in 2011. A similar checker is available for GC3FFXF. However, our challenge has 3 levels for beginner, intermediate, and advanced cachers. Thank you for your consideration of this checker and for all you do for this game we play.
Maureen Bryson, the missus of UTtoTX
September 13, 2020 09:02PM
I'm sorry but since the introduction in 2016 of the challenge guidelines this type of challenge is no longer allowed.

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited

Not acceptable
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Example, Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.
September 13, 2020 09:06PM
@vogelbird: grandfathered one...
September 14, 2020 10:51AM
Sorry, too much in a hurry but here is a checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC2XERK/54678

Please let me know if this is what you require
September 14, 2020 12:56PM
Almost. This checker gives 3 results, and really there should be only one, based on the number of finds at the time of running the checker. If the cacher has less than 100 finds, they only need 5 D/T combos; if they have 100-999 they need 10 D/T combos, and if they have 1000 or more they need 15 combos. Hope this isn't too tricky to add in. Thanks for your help.
September 14, 2020 04:56PM
I have removed the checker because I can not fine a proper solution for your request
September 14, 2020 07:18PM
Thanks for your help anyway. I guess any finders will continue to document their own qualifications.
September 14, 2020 10:47PM
With a slight tweak to an existing script I came up with this checker: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC2XERK/54704

Does this suit?
September 15, 2020 01:54AM
The output is a little unusual compared to most checkers, but it certainly does meet the mixed requirements of the challenge as we set it up all those years ago. Is this ready to add to the cache page then? And - THANK YOU so much for the time taken to enable this for us.
September 15, 2020 01:59AM
Yes, it can certainly be added to the cache page. Some of the previous loggers show as not meeting the conditions, because they found more caches between finding this challenge and now, but the one I tested was only just past a threshold.
September 15, 2020 02:12AM
Yes, I tried it on a few local cachers that don't have that many found, and it worked great for each of them. Should work great for anyone testing a current eligibility. Thanks again. Adding it to the page now!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login