To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: 360° challenge cache from his home with caches list

[Resolved] 360° challenge cache from his home with caches list
September 24, 2020 04:26AM
Hello,

I would like to create for the GC90EE4, a 360° challenge cache from his home with the list of 360 caches found. Is this possible? Could someone please help me?

In advance, thank you very much.
Have a nice day
September 24, 2020 04:42AM
Unfortunately since the introduction in 2016 of the challenge guidelines this type of challenge is no longer allowed.
Sectors (the triangles/wedges from the starting point with an angle of 1 degree) are geographic areas other than country/state/county.

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Not acceptable
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.
September 24, 2020 05:04AM
Hi Vogelbird,

Thank you very much for your answer, I hadn't understood things like that when I read the "2.12. Challenge caches"

Would it be possible to have, instead, a checker for 5 countries finished with all the regions found, please?

In advance, thank you very much
September 24, 2020 09:24AM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC90EE4/54957

Please test and reply
September 24, 2020 03:45PM
Hi Vogelbird,

Thank you very much for your work, but it didn't work for me, as I have 6 countries with all the regions :

It forgot to count Aruba and / or Hong Kong for me, or Vatican city state, United Arab Emirates, Malta, Monaco, many countries in Africa, Asia for example while badges exist on Project GC.

Do you think you can fix this please or is it too much programming?

Thank you in advance for your answer and/or your checker.
My apologies if what I am asking for is complicated.
September 24, 2020 05:09PM
First of all the countries with regions are in the config but if a country like Aruba or Monaco have no regions they can not be detected.
Having concluded that Hong Kong, Malta and others which have regions in PGC should have been detected,

I will contact the scriptwriter to see what the problem is with his script
September 25, 2020 08:11AM
Hello Vogelbird, hello Pieterix,

It works well now.

Many thanks for your scriptwriting and online work.

Nice day to you
September 25, 2020 08:13AM
Hello Vogelbird, hello Pieterix,

It works well now. Except for countries who have only one county, but it’s okay because it will an exception that I will see to allow when it will appear.

Many thanks for your scriptwriting and online work.

Nice day to you
September 24, 2020 05:49PM
Thanks for the notification @vogelbird.

It appears my script only catered for countries where caches have a region AND county. In the case of Hong Kong there appears to be no counties, only regions. I've added a workaround for the missing county issue and Hong Kong now shows for you. Please confirm?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login