To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Fix Time Zone Challenge GC4N3QZ

[Resolved] Fix Time Zone Challenge GC4N3QZ
January 05, 2021 11:07PM
I have a cache (GC4N3QZ) that wants users to find caches in at least 5 different time zones. I originally may have piggy backed on someone else's challenge checker, but I look in the list and now my GC shows up. Anyway, now the checker bombs and says no one is qualified and does not give any reasons. Can this be fixed or can I have a new challenge checker made for GC4N3QZ? Thank!
January 06, 2021 06:01AM
Yes, this checker has been broken for quite a while.

"allowedTimezones" is never specifed in any of its tags, so they are all broken. I will message sumbloke who can fix it (unless the mods can fix it?)

The if statement on line 612 IS:
if allowedTimezones ~= nil and allowedTimezones[tz] ~= nil then

It needs to be:
if (allowedTimezones == nil) or (allowedTimezones ~= nil and allowedTimezones[tz] ~= nil) then
January 06, 2021 06:17AM
I have updated the script. Please confirm it is working as expected now.
January 06, 2021 02:31PM
Works great! Tried it out on several cachers. Thanks for fixing it so quickly!
January 08, 2021 05:00AM
Sorry, I should have checked this one more extensively before telling you everything is OK. Checker does work for lots of cases, but fails with "caught exception" (and a rather lengthy but useless output) for at least the following cachers:

2bassetslaves
Hammerclub
Zuni Kid
tugies
Alamogul

I am guessing it is a particular non-USA time zone causing the problem, but I do not know which zone it is or it has to do with the number of returned time zones. Let me know if you can find the problem and fix it so it works for all cachers/time zones. Thanks!.

Brad (budabeli)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login