To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Want to clone a checker, but it's not right...

[Resolved] Want to clone a checker, but it's not right...
January 09, 2021 07:25PM
Hi,

This is a weird problem. I qualify for GC7YEF2 Mid-Atlantic Challenge, and I'm setting up a clone of it (GC94ZKC).

But... it says I don't qualify. The cache I qualify with for D.C. is on the edge of D.C., but IN D.C.

Is is ok to clone and use this checker, even though I "don't" qualify? But I do?

My D.C. cache is https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC94ZKC Northern Most Corner, definitely in the District of Columbia

Thanks for your help.

Carolyn / Carrie
Mrs.Hoagie / Stews Crew
January 09, 2021 07:27PM
Correction: it doesn't seem to let me Clone the checker because it thinks I don't qualify. But of course, I do.

Thanks.
January 09, 2021 07:46PM
Can you give me the correct GCcode of the cache you found because the code you gave is your own challenge cache not published yet
January 09, 2021 08:17PM
I looked at your finds but the cache you claim to be in DC ( https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GCF40C_northern-most-corner ) is not placed in DC but in Maryland.

In District of Columbia, United States on the listing
United States / Maryland / Montgomery County (MD) actual coordinates.

This is caused by the CO who placed on the listing DC but PGC is using the polygon coordinates. The polygon map shows the cache clearly in Maryland
January 09, 2021 10:37PM
The cache is definitely shown by Geocaching.com as in District of Columbia. And physically, the cache is INSIDE the cornerstone of D.C. Lat/long Ground Zero was also inside D.C.

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC94ZKC Northern Most Corner.

So the physical cache, the GZ coords, and geocaching.com all agree it is in D.C. My log on GC. com reads:
"Found it 06/28/2018 Traditional Cache Northern Most Corner District of Columbia Visit log"

I'm not sure what else to do. I don't know about polygons, but the cache and it's GZ coords are inside the large stone block that marks each (three) corner of D.C. As a CO, I would accept this, since Geocaching.com states that it's in D.C. Who am I to argue with GroundSpeak?

My QUESTION FOR YOU is, how can I clone this existing checker (GC7YEF2) to use in my cache (GC94ZKC)?

Thanks.
January 09, 2021 10:42PM
Note: in the log, "Found it 06/28/2018 Traditional Cache Northern Most Corner District of Columbia Visit log" the cache name is Northern Most Corner, and the location (state) is District of Columbia. I also received my D.C. souvenir for this cache.
January 09, 2021 11:28PM
Sorry but I will send you tomorrow the coordinates of this cache in relation with the boundary.
Your reviewer should be aware of these problems as I wrote earlier

The guidelines state that cache owners must pass their own provided checker
January 10, 2021 01:35PM
You have already cloned the checker but you do not pass your own challenge. The cache you are claiming to be inside DC is on the census map on coordinates outside DC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login