To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker request GC9GMZH

[Resolved] Checker request GC9GMZH
September 28, 2021 04:00PM
Good Day,

I have reviewed the challenge cache guidelines to confirm that this challenge is permissible and I have been unable to find a reason it would be disqualified. There is an identical cache published in 2018 which was after the change to the guidelines and I understand that I cannot rely on that as grounds for permissibility/publishing but it gives me hope.

I would like a checker to confirm a cacher has found at least one cache HIDDEN (NOT PUBLISHED) on their Geo-birthday. (The day they created their geocaching.com account).

Thank you for your help!
September 28, 2021 04:04PM
I should mention that this should state - to be hidden on any of their geo-birthdays (anniversaries)
September 28, 2021 04:54PM
Please check this out https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9GMZH/63565 because I am not certain if this is what you mean
September 28, 2021 05:01PM
This is very close. Would it be permissible/possible to eliminate caches hidden prior to the account creation date and only check for caches hidden after?
If not then this will do as well.
September 28, 2021 05:10PM
This is difficult but your reviewer will not approve this because the guidelines do not allow "Restricting finds to caches published prior to a particular date."
September 28, 2021 05:25PM
Yes I had considered that, but was hopeful. Oh well, can't win them all.
I may just change the wording of the challenge.... more like finding at least one cache that shares a birthday with you maybe.
The checker you posted previous works well for that
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login