To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] 10x10 icon types checker clone request

[Resolved] 10x10 icon types checker clone request
October 06, 2021 11:50PM
Hi there - Could I please get a checker cloned and edited for this GCcode GC9H34X? The challenge is to find 10 finds/caches of 10 different cache types. For the most part, the checker can probably be cloned from this now archived challenge - GC8F6E0 however I'm hoping my checker can be verified or edited to make sure it also has these other caveats/rules -

a) benchmarks and lab caches can not be used for the challenge
b) the same cache can not be used multiple times. ie. each cache counted must be unique. We had a few local caches that people used to find multiple times.
c) you can not use your own caches for the challenge because, again, in the past you were able to log your own caches.

I also noticed a potential bug in the 'script output' box of the GC8F6E0 checker where the output appears to get cut off. Is that by design? I'm assuming that's probably because there's a character limit in that field. Could that limit be increased to fit all the output or fixed in some other way? Perhaps it just shows the header output part only or maybe only have the GC codes listed in that box instead of all the details for each cache? I do like seeing the full "pretty" output below though; I don't know if the 2 are related though. Hopefully not and the cut and paste part of the script output box can be fixed in some way.

Thank you.
Re: 10x10 icon types checker clone request
October 07, 2021 09:49AM
Here is the link to a checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9H34X/63681

Please test and reply
October 07, 2021 07:16PM
Thank you for creating the checker. Tested and seems to be working as requested. :-)

However I screwed up (I'm really sorry :-( ) and mixed up the 'not working sections' in my request. I actually liked the script output part of the other checker from GC9H34X (it was just the example log part that had the cut off problem). If it's not too much trouble, could this new checker go back to using the script output format from GC9H34X instead? So sorry again. :-( And if it's too much work, I will accept this as it was my fault.

The good news is the example log issue has been fixed though so thank you for that. Otherwise, this checker is good to go.

Thank you and my apologies again.
October 07, 2021 09:43PM
I leave it as it is because the example log can not be altered
October 08, 2021 04:58AM
No worries. Sorry for the mix up and all the trouble. Please close this request then. Thank you for creating the checker. :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login