To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Requesting a checker for GCA20AG

[Resolved] Requesting a checker for GCA20AG
December 05, 2022 09:46AM
Hi there,

I was wondering if I could request a checker that requires cachers to have attended events with all 9 different terrain levels. The difficulty level is irrelevant. And only regular events can be used for this challenge (ie. no CCEs, CITOs, Megas, Gigas, HQ Block Parties, HQ Celebrations, GPS Mazes, and any other event types I've missed). I think that's it. If there's any other gotchas you can think with this challenge, please let me know.

Thanks.
December 05, 2022 11:08AM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA20AG/73338 but I doubt if your reviewer will accept this challenge criteria without CITO events because any normal future events will only be T1 or T5 (boat) events depending on location

Please test and reply
December 05, 2022 07:45PM
The local reviewers had similar concerns as well when I submitted this challenge for their pre-approval. But I convinced them that it's very possible for (at least) local cachers to complete this challenge with just regular events, given our proximity to the mountains and access to the river. There are various high-terrain events held throughout the year here; in fact, there's already three T3.5 events planned for this month alone. I also gave the reviewers a list of 10 local cachers who already qualify for this challenge as well so they have approved this challenge.

I actually may put out a similar challenge with CITOs someday if I ever qualify. I think I'm just missing 2 terrain levels for that challenge right now.

Checker works great and is getting results as expected. Is there any way to adjust the sort order for the table in the output to, say, ascending terrain level? I can't figure out what it's using, if anything.

Thanks for the quick turnaround and feedback. :-)
December 05, 2022 08:30PM
I changed the checker to a different script to get a better output

Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA20AG/73352

Please test
December 06, 2022 03:59AM
I wouldn't have known what I was missing if it wasn't for the different checker. Thank you. I like it much better. Not only does it sort the events by terrain level, I like that the GCcodes are links to the actual events as well. I only tested it until I maxxed out my 10 daily checker runs limit but everything appears to be working as expected. Please close this request. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2022 04:00AM by sapien. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login