To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GCA29HQ 100 unique Cache Type & Find Month pairs

[Resolved] GCA29HQ 100 unique Cache Type & Find Month pairs
December 05, 2022 07:39PM
Hello sir or madam.

The challenge for GCA29HQ is to find 100 unique Cache Type & Find Month pairs. The day found and year found do not matter. Any cache type is valid except for benchmark and lab caches. This is part of the gridbusters series and the visual grid is one of the biggest parts. This request is a bit cheeky, but would you please include a visual grid as a part of the checker output?
I have completed this challenge and have pairs conquered, as you can see from this example grid:

Many thanks for your help building these amazing challenge checkers.
Cheers,
CheekyBrit
December 05, 2022 08:39PM
I can think of a way to do it with arisoft's checker (concat. type || visitdate[] then min.) but it would not have a nice table output.

There might be a checker out there for this, but I cannot find it.

@vogelbird - ideas?
December 06, 2022 12:35AM
I'll make a checker that gives nice output like the table shown. I might use this for the replacement for the one that got turfed. Gimme a few hours...
December 06, 2022 12:43AM
Take a long as you need. It is totally worth the wait. I wish I could do it myself.
December 06, 2022 03:20AM
Take a long as you need. It is totally worth the wait. I wish I could do it myself.
December 06, 2022 03:29AM
Here it is:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA29HQ/73359

Subtle differences from you posted output:
1. I listed the number of finds you got in each cell, instead of just '1', which might be confusing. It only turns 'green' if you have the required number (which, in your challenge is just 1).
2. Each cell links to an example of the find - eg. you click on Traditional / 01 cell, and it links to the first trad you found in January.
3. Months are listed in numeric form, not first letter (because, way easier to code that way)
4. Type icons because it just looks snazzier.

For future note (because you seem to like making unique sort of challenges :)), if you want to make a "grid" type challenge like this again, this script is capable of making a grid with X / Y axes of any field that is in the cache data. So, you could make a size x type grid, for example.

Anyhow, let us know if this is suitable.
December 06, 2022 04:57AM
Bmuzzin, you've done it again.
That challenge checker looks amazing! Snazzy indeed.
The fact that is shows the quantity in each field is amazing. The fact that it links an qualifying example is yet more amazing. This is insane.
I ran that checker and it looks to be working in every regard except for locationless caches. I've found one in 7 and one in 8 (July and August). Though they are the modern locationless ones like GC8NEAT, that might be part of the problem.

You are absolutely correct, I like making unique sort of challenges and there are more grid style ones coming. I'll reference and link to this one so it's easier to build the checkers for the upcoming grids.
December 06, 2022 01:00PM
@Bmuzzin - Great job but the checker shows more types than there actual are
"10 Years! Event Cache" and "Lost and Found Event Cache" are counted as the same type
Likewise "GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit" and "GPS Adventures Exhibit" are the same
December 06, 2022 02:57PM
Okay, I fixed the types (I think). Also, I was obviously not being creating enough, and I've made it much easier to output the month names, instead of just the numbers. Please check it now, and let me know.
December 06, 2022 03:00PM
Script is still disabled
December 06, 2022 03:03PM
Whoops... enabled it now.
December 06, 2022 03:08PM
Yes, that's it, thanks
December 06, 2022 04:32PM
That checker looks pretty slick. Another fantastic piece of work. Any issues I or Vogelbird flagged up all seem to be resolved. Thank you very much everyone!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login