To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Fix for checker for GC5R0Y5 please?

[Resolved] Fix for checker for GC5R0Y5 please?
April 03, 2017 08:10PM
Hi, do the checkers not pick up cache names that are in all caps? My finds are up to date on Project GC but it still is saying that I don't qualify for this challenge GC5R0Y5 even though I found a multi yesterday called SOUTHERN BELLE GC5ND8F
This is the checker I used:
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5R0Y5/13855

Thanks!
April 04, 2017 12:08AM
It can take a few days for the logs to migrate from Groundspeak to project-gc.com

You can force this update sooner through the self support function. You can have project-gc pull in all your logs or just refresh the one cache that is missing.

When you see the banner that there are problems with the database and results may be unexpected, your results are consistent with that.

I would advise trying the self support function or waiting a couple of days in the future. I have already refreshed the one cache you listed in your original request.
April 04, 2017 12:17AM
Ok. I see the problem now. As you said your caches are up to date.
April 04, 2017 12:27AM
The script definitely searches without case sensitivity (a check on my username shows "23rd of 50 Must See Places - ARCTIC/ANTARCTIC (GC3Q0H6)" as a qualifying cache).

The issue seems to be that the script stops finding new matches once the limit per word is reached. In this case, it means that it will only match the first cache you found with each word in the title, then check the number of types. It would need a change to the script, so I've sent a message to the script writer (GentlePurpleRain)
April 04, 2017 01:34AM
Okay I understand now. Thank you!
April 27, 2017 01:34PM
Has there been any response from GentlePurpleRain?
April 29, 2017 10:13PM
I was wondering that too.
April 30, 2017 12:08AM
No, I haven't heard anything back and the script doesn't appear to have been fixed.
April 30, 2017 12:10AM
Is someone else able to fix it? I just added my qualifying caches manually but it would be nice if it worked properly for future cachers.
April 30, 2017 12:16AM
A script can only be edited by the one who wrote it (or possibly a site administrator), which is why I passed on the feedback. I'll see if I can make a working variant of that script so I can give him more precise feedback. If no response again for a bit I'll let the CO know and they can switch to my script.
May 21, 2017 02:15PM
As this has been sitting here for a while, I took a look at it last night.

Looking at the code, it appears that there would also be a problem with a cache named "Southern Atlantic Fishing Contest". This is because it contains two of the words.
June 04, 2017 02:30PM
Check out http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5R0Y5/26591

It is a rewrite of the engine from the previous checker to account for multiple types per string.
June 05, 2017 08:09PM
Excellent thank you!
June 05, 2017 08:54PM
I have removed the old checker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login