To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

GC3WMBW - South Bro Certified

GC3WMBW - South Bro Certified
October 18, 2019 08:31PM
I have no idea why this challenge cache has been voted to a non challenge. (Score -4 / 39% today)

To log a find for this Challenge cache you must have found, and signed all the log books of the Subject caches, and successfully completed (or pending approval) the five South Bro subjects, 101, 102, 103, 104, and 105. You will have found 35 unique caches covering Size, Type, Difficulty, Terrain, and Distance to qualify.

Did I miss something important?
Re: GC3WMBW - South Bro Certified
October 20, 2019 10:40AM
Hi
I think the main reason (and this was why I downvoted) was that despite it looking like a challenge (the sentence as given in the OP) when you look further down this is simply a glorified Bonus cache
Yes, you are required to go to and sign the other 5 caches mainly to get codes and then in the last of the five there is a formula which enables finding the cache South Bro Certified
"The codes on the stash sheets relate to this sudoku. Then South Bro 105 has the 'formula' to get the required coordinates."
This is no different to any other bonus cache where you have to have found a number of caches prior and gain information from those in order to find the last one

Note: the other 5 in the series are all challenge caches in their own right - no dispute there, this is just a bonus cache by the same owner
October 20, 2019 01:04PM
Deepdiggingmole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi
> I think the main reason (and this was why I
> downvoted) was that despite it looking like a
> challenge (the sentence as given in the OP) when
> you look further down this is simply a glorified
> Bonus cache

There is no word about "Bonus cache" but "Challenge cache" is bolded. At the time of publishing it was allowed to have a puzzle in a challenge cache.

One detail, however, bothers me. How do you explain the ALR? If someone logs a find without following the challenge ALR, is the owner eligible for deleting the log?
October 20, 2019 01:25PM
I understand what you mean by it having 'challenge' in bold - however many bonuses have the word challenge in their script or even in the title, also they don't all have the word bonus somewhere on the page
The essence of this cache is to find the other caches (which are all challenge caches in their own right and there are no more other caches to be found other than these) once the others in this series have been found you obtain numbers/codes from them in order to solve this final one - I take the essence of that and call it a bonus. I do not know of another 'challenge' cache where you have to physically retrieve something from every cache that fulfills the criteria !

This is just my opinion but would think with the way the voting has gone I am not alone in this
It is a shame so very few of the moderators chip in to these sorts of discussions, however
October 20, 2019 01:43PM
Deepdiggingmole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I understand what you mean by it having
> 'challenge' in bold - however many bonuses have
> the word challenge in their script or even in the
> title, also they don't all have the word bonus
> somewhere on the page

This is right. Word challenge may exist for many reasons but I have never seen it called explicitely a "challenge cache" with an ALR unless the owner is meant it to be a challenge cache.

> The essence of this cache is to find the other
> caches (which are all challenge caches in their
> own right and there are no more other caches to be
> found other than these) once the others in this
> series have been found you obtain numbers/codes
> from them in order to solve this final one - I
> take the essence of that and call it a bonus. I do
> not know of another 'challenge' cache where you
> have to physically retrieve something from every
> cache that fulfills the criteria !

After the moratorium this kind of challenges were not allowed. A specific list of caches and hidden final coordinates are not possible any more. This cache was published at the time when a specific list was allowed criteria.

> This is just my opinion but would think with the
> way the voting has gone I am not alone in this
> It is a shame so very few of the moderators chip
> in to these sorts of discussions, however

This forum is somehow new and I found this only couple of days ago. I hope that other moderators will notice this sooner or later.

Meanwhile I asked this from the CO. Maybe we can get some details about the publication.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.