To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Show those where I have voted against the crowd

Show those where I have voted against the crowd
July 28, 2022 03:32PM
Just clicked on the list (in the filter section) to see what I have done differently to others

One on my list is - Well-Traveled Cacher: Degree Squares GC99AE7

I had downvoted this because it had not complied with the guidelines and so should not have been published and in fact was archived by the reviewer 4 days after it was published for that very reason.

Now I acknowledge the Challenge exception list has the following statement as an instruction on how to vote :-

"..Note that your vote shall not be based on today's Challenge guidelines but rather on the fact that the Geocache requires you to do something before/when logging it. You shall not take into consideration if it's a good challenge or not, neither if you like it as a challenge."

However, in my opinion (and this only applies to any challenge caches post-moratorium) if a challenge does not comply with today's guidelines then it should not be published and therefore would never be considered for inclusion on the list of challenges - if one slips through the net, such as the example above but is quickly archived due to that fact being noted, the way it won't end up on someones list in the challenge tab would be to have it voted upon (down vote)
We know that reviewers do make mistakes sometimes - hard enough job as it is, but to give the thumbs up on a cache that shouldn't have been allowed in the first place is kind of saying, 'well despite all of that we are saying it is a challenge cache'

I am not disputing that the above cache would pass all the tick boxes if it had complied with the criteria guidelines - but it hadn't

thoughts
Re: Show those where I have voted against the crowd
July 29, 2022 12:38PM
The voting should be based on if it's a challenge or not. Your example has a task so it's a challenge. My opinion is that Project-GC should report the actual stats, not try to "cover up" things that shouldn't have been published.

If you've logged a traditional that shouldn't have been published and is later archived it's still a cache you've logged. I have an FTF that's like that, I'm the only one that found it because it should never have been published and I removed it for the CO so they could reuse the container for an other cache. Should that be removed from my FTF's because it should never have been published? I don't think so and therefor I don't see why challenges should be downvoted just because they don't follow the guidelines. Doesn't make sense to me.
July 29, 2022 01:01PM
"If you've logged a traditional that shouldn't have been published and is later archived it's still a cache you've logged"

Any cache that has been published that quickly gets archived will remain on stats - even the caches that I am referring to - my point is with regard to whether they remain on PGC challenge cache lists - The find remains - The one in the example should never have been published, because of the criteria - a mistake by the reviewer which was quickly rectified. If it had not been published it would never have entered the stats. It is not a challenge as it does not fulfil the criteria. It is not a cover up by any means.

FTFs don't have guidelines to comply to and are not recognised by HQ

"I don't see why challenges should be downvoted just because they don't follow the guidelines" - it is because of just that surely.
July 29, 2022 01:25PM
I don't think you understand my point or my example here. It was published as a challenge, it was a challenge when people logged it, it should be in the challenge-tab. The instructions from Project-GC is to not make a judgement about if the cache follows the challenge guidelines or not, only if it's a challenge or not. You're clearly making a judgement about if it follows the guidelines.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.