To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Home country of the geocacher

Home country of the geocacher
August 30, 2018 09:43AM
Bonjour,
On me demande de réaliser un checkeur utilisant le pays de résidence du géocacheur. Je n'ai pas trouvé de fonction qui me retourne le pays en entrant le $profileId
Est-ce possible de le faire ?
Existe-t-il un script utilisant cette fonction ?
Merci pour vos réponses.

Google trad: (I do not know English, sorry)
Hello,
I am asked to make a checker using the country of residence of the geocacher. I have not found a function that returns the country to me by entering the $profileId
Is it possible to do it?
Is there a script using this function?
Thank you for your answers.

Edit :
Sorry, I just saw that such a challenge is forbidden.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2018 01:43PM by al1pb. (view changes)
August 30, 2018 06:56PM
Two options there:
1. Place cache in country X and state that to qualify you must find cache not in country X.
2. I've seen some scripts that calculate the country with the most finds for the user and then assume that's the user's home country and then exclude that country from the challenge. Not foolproof but it might be the only option.
But to answer your question: there's no api call to get the home country for the user.
August 31, 2018 01:52PM
Bonjour,
merci beaucoup pieterix pour ta réponse.
C'est une bonne alternative que je vais étudier de plus près. Si nous avons besoin de coordonnées, nous pouvons toujours calculer le centre, en cherchant la moyenne. Ça me donne plein d'idées de chalenges originaux...

Trad:
Hello,
thank you very much pieterix for your answer.
It is a good alternative that I will study more closely. If we need coordinates, we can always calculate the center, looking for the mean. It gives me lots of ideas of original chalenges.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.