To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Guideline changes from HQ

Guideline changes from HQ
July 28, 2021 12:32PM
I got notified about some Challenge Guideline updates from HQ. I believe it's more of clarification and not really a change. Here is the information I received:

HQ
We have added the following to the Not Acceptable column of 10. Source of Criteria:
Challenges based on words or letters. Examples: use the first letter of regions of found caches to spell a word, find caches with attributes that begin with a certain letter, find caches in counties with the same name.

HQ
Additionally, in response to a recent appeal and subsequent discussion with the reviewer community, we have confirmed existing guidance that contiguous county challenges are not publishable. A checker was developed for a contiguous county challenge that utilized data from the U.S. Census Bureau's county adjacency file. However, we have decided that because the Census Bureau file would require a second exception to the guideline that challenge criteria must come from information broadly available on Geocaching.com (allowing counties is already the first exception), that the challenge will remain not publishable.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.