To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Challenge Checker does not work for me but does for someone else

Challenge Checker does not work for me but does for someone else
July 11, 2017 06:24PM
When I try to determine my qualifications on GC1VZNV the Run Checker does not appear. Yet after talking with BandLEngstrom who provided his qualifications via Project-GC (Log 4/3/17) I was able to use his Link and change his ID to mine to get my Qualifications. I used the Checker on my Desktop MacPro and IPad Air to open after I enter the GC ID.

I ran "Refresh data related to your account" but this did not allow this Checker to work. I tried a few other Challenge Checkers and they work.
Re: Challenge Checker does not work for me but does for someone else
July 11, 2017 11:05PM
Bleh, ignore previous ramblings. That's what you said in your note on the cache page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2017 11:09PM by pieterix. (view changes)
July 17, 2017 03:13AM
Sorry, I don't understand what your issue is.

Is it the fact that the cache page does not include a link to the checker? If so, that is because grandfathered challenges are not required to do so. Some of the grandfathered challenges have been updated to include links to checkers, but not all have (and at least one CO has said they feel that forcing the cacher to trawl through their finds to figure out the qualification is part of the challenge).

Is it that you searched for the challenge checker through Project-GC and couldn't find it? If so, there is an issue which needs to be resolved.
July 17, 2017 11:31AM
Hi sumbloke - the checker does not work for me but does work for another geocacher for geocache GC1V2NV. When I pull down the Tools menu and then Checkers and then input the GC ID, it does not bring up a checker to run. However another geocacher could get the checker to appear and run.
Why would the checker appear and run for someoneelse and not me?
July 17, 2017 11:37AM
Two things spring to mind:
1. The country field is prepopulated. If the cache is not in that country it won't show.
2. The search box is rather restrictive. If you have a space at the end of the gc code (from copy and paste) it won't match
August 03, 2017 03:30AM
The country is correct and I typed in the GC Code with no spaces fore and aft. A checker still does not appear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2017 03:35AM by TheView. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login