To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Issue with checker - GC1FAMD - Vermont 251 Plus 4 Geocaching Club Challenge

Issue with checker - GC1FAMD - Vermont 251 Plus 4 Geocaching Club Challenge
October 30, 2017 06:43PM
I noticed that the checker is incorrectly reporting that I haven't found caches in two towns: Saint George and Duxbury.

According to the address listed for the caches from the geocaching.com page, I have satisfied the requirement to find a cache in both those towns.

1) Saint George - GC6TYVY
Location = 401 Barber Rd, St George, VT 05495, USA

2) Duxbury - GC5YFC8
Location = 1679 River Rd, Duxbury, VT 05676, USA

On a similar note, but perhaps not for this forum, when I run the VT251Plus4 GSAK macro against the same my finds file, both those towns appear as found.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2020 07:56AM by yukionna. (view changes)
October 30, 2017 08:36PM
I made a request to sloth96 to answer this query because is is the autor of the polygon used
October 30, 2017 09:25PM
Very odd. I confirm that with the same polygons as uploaded those two towns should be decided correctly based on GSAK results as well. I need to debug the underlying script some.

There is a list of approximately 10 problem caches with the current polygons. I need to check my e-mail to bring those up. There was some discussion between myself and the CO about switching to the Vermont GIS boundaries. That would not sort this problem.
September 24, 2020 11:48PM
I also am having an issue with GC6TYVY not being found for St George and GC12ZHF not being found in Rutland (town not city). GSAK/VT251Plus4.gsk and the cache site links to openstreetmap.org show them where they're expected.
September 25, 2020 02:13AM
Looks like the polyset Saint_George isn't closed. The script requires polypoints sets to have the same coordinates for start and end points, which that one doesn't. Rutland may be the same, but I haven't checked yet.

Edit: Yeah, Rutland is also not closed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2020 05:04AM by sumbloke. (view changes)
September 25, 2020 07:58AM
Could you also check the polyset for Duxbury?
September 29, 2020 11:03AM
Interesting. Sumbloke are you going to close the polygons or should I work on that?
September 29, 2020 11:17AM
Hmm... I might be wrong on this.

I can't see the original definitions of the polysets, I'm using a copy of the script and adding PGC.print lines to try to get that data. Duxbury is showing as unclosed using my method, but so is Addison (which does find a match for yukionna).
September 29, 2020 11:45AM
So at one point I made a custom version of the script that would close them automatically if they were unclosed. We can experiment with that.
September 29, 2020 01:03PM
If it matters, I have a match for Duxbury.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login