To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

How to untag a GC with a checker

How to untag a GC with a checker
September 05, 2016 04:20AM
I created a challenge cache and tagged a checker to it BUT am not allowed to use the challenge as it is the same as another within the region and cannot exist that close to the other.

So I tried to link the cache to another challenge checker but can't. I get this message "Error GC-Code already seems to be tagged with a checker"

So how do I untag my cache page so I can add a new checker tag?

LW
Re: How to untag a GC with a checker
September 05, 2016 10:18AM
There is a small problem that you can use the "tag script" button that takes you to the listing of all tag in the checker where the remove button is. Has been bug reported
Post the GC code and i will send you the link to the page where you can remove it
September 07, 2016 02:52AM
GC6RGKG

I tagged a checker but found out it is not allowed according to the new rules so I would like to tag another that is to the same GC
September 07, 2016 08:03AM
You can find the remove button here: http://project-gc.com/Tools/Challenges?edit&addTag&tagId=22559

But why was it no allowed?
It is a combination of find dates and DT matrix. I have published challenges based on those to myself with the new rules.
September 07, 2016 12:03PM
What is the GC# of your cache so I may look at it.

Our reviewer said that the calendar challenge could not include the 29th of February. His interpretation is it is an added burden on the cacher because it only happens every four years and...

I could not have both grids together.
September 07, 2016 01:55PM
Now when I look I notice that feb 29 was not necessary on min.
It is possible to create a checker for DT matrix and calendar except feb 29
September 07, 2016 08:01PM
I could ask for that and was going to but I am told I cannot have a challenge containing both grids. One or the other but not both.

What is the GC of yours so I might take a look.

LW
September 08, 2016 08:48PM
Thanks.

I have removed the tag as the reviewer who is working with me, here in the province of Ontario, will NOT allow me to publish a cache with two grids. I can publish one or the other but not both.

So...

Would it be possible to have a checker for 1,000,000,000 kilometers cache distance from home? Demonstrate that you have found caches with a total distance from your home coordinates of at least 1,000,000 kilometres.

LW
September 08, 2016 10:24PM
Strange that two the two combines are not allowed. There is nothing obvious against that if.
The problem might be the following:

A challenge cache needs to appeal to and be attainable by a reasonable number of cachers. Your reviewer may ask for a list of cachers from your area who qualify.

Not that is not possible.
The checkers has no access to home coordinates and it is against the guidlines since the hoome coordinates are not public

Challenge owners will need to make sure that cachers can show that they have completed the cache requirements without compromising their privacy.

You almost do that with adding the distance beetween caches in the order they have been found
September 08, 2016 10:35PM
I will delete the cache and give up or just make it some lame challenge that anyone can do.

My reviewer wrote this;
Temporarily Disable Listing 09/06/2016
As previously informed, 366 is not allowed as Feb 29 only happens once every four years. Other conditions are not permitted to be added to a challenge. Either focus on a full DT grid or a full calendar grid (not to include Feb 29), not both

What he means is you cannot as someone to have a complete grid AND another. That is a condition on top of the challenge. Ontario rules. A whole different world here in Canada! I did find a list of 10 people who satsified my original challenge which was both grids but it included Feb 29 which is not allowed.

Cannot do the 1,000,000km cache then because the rules stipulate that you must have a checker in place. Can't do a checker then can't have the challenge.

Thanks for you help and input.

LW
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login