To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Activity log for the CO

Activity log for the CO
December 12, 2017 10:14AM
As a challenge cache owner I would like to see an audit log for usernames who has been qualified recently.
I can see two advances here:

1) When CO opens the checker page and see immediately here who has been qualified, there is no need to run the checker again to verify the claim. Especially when there is many usersnames to verify.

2) In the rare case that statistics are changed afterwards, for example a cache lost favorites after the user has been qualified, the CO knows that the user was really qualified despite of the current status.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2017 10:19AM by arisoft. (view changes)
December 12, 2017 09:59PM
I guess an alternative might be to have an automated system which checks for new logs on a challenge cache and runs the checker on their usernames, then emails the CO with results. I think it might be more useful to check recent loggers than users who recently qualified since the recent qualifications could include several cachers who might never log the challenge (e.g., paying members of PGC in other countries) and there could be several cachers who don't go for the challenge cache until they've qualified for quite some time.
December 12, 2017 10:51PM
There is small possibility that a user qualified before posting the "found it" log but some attribute changed between user checking challenge and CO receiving the e-mail notification. Therefore the CO can not verify the claim.

It just happened that a reviewer questioned the CO's ability to properly check the challenge agains the last minute changes. The problem is fairly theoretical but in a case that qualified user did not give any information about which caches qualified then the CO really has no way to verify that the user qualified just before posting the "Found it".
December 26, 2017 08:31AM
The moment the user logs the found he should qualify. So a system checking users who post a found would be very welcome. Especially a system that sends the CO a warning email when a user who is not qualified logs the cache.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login