To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

"Oldest Cache by Region" Question

"Oldest Cache by Region" Question
December 10, 2019 07:46PM
I recently submitted a challenge requiring users to find the oldest geocache in at least 10 US states, but my Reviewer had a couple of follow-up questions, some of which were related to the checker.

I initially cloned this checker for the challenge: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8FY4H/46384

My questions are:

1) Does this checker only check for finds on the oldest currently active cache per State, or would it also include finds on now archived caches (e.g., if somebody previously found a cache that at the time was the oldest active cache in the state, but that cache was then later archived, would that find on the now-archived cache still count as a qualifying find for purposes of the checker)?

and

2) If this checker would NOT include archived caches, is there any way to build a checker that DOES include finds on now-archived caches?

Thanks
Re: "Oldest Cache by Region" Question
December 12, 2019 02:37AM
It looks like that tag will check for people finding the oldest 10 caches in the United States, not the oldest in each of 10 states.

EDIT: Sorry, the code gives the wrong impression because of the code it was copied from. I'll look more thoroughly...

EDIT 2: Okay, it does look like it counts archived finds which are older than the current oldest (but later than 1 Jan 2000). But there looks to be a bug where multiple archived finds in a region or an archived plus the current oldest will all count.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2019 02:50AM by sumbloke. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login