To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

x in one day challenges

x in one day challenges
January 30, 2018 01:39AM
Why are these unacceptable now ?

People either choose or not choose to do a challenge; and it's a GAME for goodness sake ! Are we worried about people lying about their caches, or what ? I had several challenge caches requiring 3 different state's caches in 1 day, 4 diff states in one day, etc. and people really enjoyed finding them and signing the logs. The caches missed being grandfathered as they had to be archived due to the 'trail' being beautified (it took 2 years).

What is the reasoning behind this rule ?

I remember how fun it was to plan a roadtrip specifically to get caches in 6 states in one day. *mutters* Might as well make a requirement that EVERY cache be wheelchair accessible so everyone can participate.

(by the way, the wheelchair accessible comment is one that concerns me, I have a good friend confined and there are almost no wheelchair accessible caches in the area we live.)
Re: x in one day challenges
March 07, 2018 06:39AM
I think the easiest explanation is that GC Headquarters didn't like the direction competitive caching was going. A team of cachers would go out and achieve some goal and create a Challenge. Another team would go out, beat that goal, and create a harder Challenge. All this extreme team caching created Challenges that the average group of cachers could not achieve, much less a single cacher.
The Challenge to find 1,000 caches in a day is the obvious lie. Put a group together with one driver, two or three runners, and a log signer and bump the containers down the line, it can be done. And everyone in the group claims a find, even though the driver and the log signer found none, and the runners each found only 1/2 or 1/3 of the containers. But no one person could go out, park, get the cache, sign the log, put the cache back, return to the vehicle, and drive 1/10 mile to the next one at the rate of 1 minute and 26.4 seconds per cache for a period of 24 hours.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login