To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: New script required

New script required
June 29, 2016 09:40AM
Hello,

I requested for a checker for one of my challenges 10 days ago. It now has the status New script required. Can somebody tell me how long it takes to make a new script?

Thanks
June 29, 2016 09:57AM
It depends on how complicated the script is, how interesting writing the script would be, and if someone feels enthused to create the script.

Remember everybody writing scripts are volunteers so there is no guarantee that someone will decide to implement any particular script.
June 29, 2016 02:54PM
Can I also try to write the script myself and send it for verification. I think I have found some checkers with a part of the script that is needed for my checker. Maybe I can combine them to get the result I want :)
June 29, 2016 03:26PM
Sure, or apply to be a script writer (assuming it has been re-opened) and you can help with other people's scripts as well :D
June 29, 2016 05:52PM
I think I have found the correct script, Script name: Generic favorite points Checker (by Target.).
The tag should be something like:
{
"country": "Netherlands",
"regions": "Drenthe",
"toptype": "favorite_points",
"nrtop": 5
"percentFound": 20,
"types": [ "Traditional Cache"],
"excludeArchived": false
''excludeDisabled'': false
}
The output of this checker would be that you have to find 1 out of the top 5 traditional caches with the most favourite points in the region/province "Drenthe".
Only thing I would like is to do this for all regions of the Netherlands. Is it possible to do this by only adjusting the region, something like this:
{
"regions": 12,
"country": "Netherlands",
"toptype": "favorite_points",
"nrtop": 5
"percentFound": 20,
"types": [ "Traditional Cache"],
"excludeArchived": false
''excludeDisabled'': false

"region": [
"Drenthe",
"Flevoland",
"Friesland",
"Gelderland",
"Groningen",
"Limburg",
"Noord-Brabant",
"Noord-Holland",
"Overijssel",
"Utrecht",
"Zeeland",
"Zuid-Holland",
]
}
or is it a little bit more complex?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2016 06:15PM by RaMaRoMa. (view changes)
June 29, 2016 11:34PM
Yes, it is more complex than that. If it was a matter of just creating a new tag, someone would have done so. A new script takes much more time and effort.
June 30, 2016 02:44PM
Then I think script making is not my thing and I have to leave it up to you guys, the professionals :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login