To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Clearer indications of ownership for tagged checkers

Clearer indications of ownership for tagged checkers
June 29, 2016 04:26PM
I have received dozens of communications from users of my challenge checker scripts indicating that there is a problem with the criteria for an individual cache. In 99% of cases, it turns out that someone else created a tag for my checker that doesn't comply with the cache requirements.

It's not very clear in the challenge checker description who to contact if there's a problem with the checker, which is probably why so many of these people are contacting me instead of the person who created the tag.

If I were reading the desription below, I would probably click on the first provided name as well:

I propose a change to the checker description that would look something like this:

Script name: Number of caches with word in the title
Script author: GentlePurpleRain (Contact this person if there are errors in the script itself)
Tagged by: -DOLFINANDO- (Contact this person if there are errors with the challenge criteria)
June 30, 2016 08:43AM
I've noticed this problem as well and agree that a simple bit of re-wording/re-ordering would resolve it in the majority of cases. I'd amend your suggestion however and have the Tagged by appear before the script author to help cover the people who just click on the first name they see without reading properly! I've also reworded the script author description to make it even clearer (script taggers can always forward requests after-all).

Script name: Number of caches with word in the title
Tagged by: -DOLFINANDO- (Contact this person if there are errors with the challenge criteria)
Script author: GentlePurpleRain (Contact this person only if errors are shown about the script)
June 30, 2016 09:01AM
There is one exception and that is that clone tages by people who cant create checkers cant change them
July 05, 2016 10:00AM
Long-term we are aiming for another system to give feedback on checkers. Ie up and downvoting and maybe even a public form with feedback of what is wrong.

Until we are there, we should consider to change the design. A first step could potentially be to just change the order of Tagged by and Script owner. Potentially it might affect some Javascripts, so we have to test it a bit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login