To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Country checkers

Country checkers
July 04, 2018 08:39AM
Hi,

New here....
Cloned a checker thinking I could modify it to my needs.... obviously I cannot.

So, if anyone can, please delete this checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7T4AZ/35939

Edit: I will ask the following in a different thread....

So, I will go back and try to learn what I need to do.... I need checkers for a series to count the number of countries a cacher has logged in. Clearly the "Generic Country checker" will be used. With a tag for:
- 2 countries
- 14 countries

Also need:
- 3 continents
- 4 continents
- 5 continents

I dont yet qualify for, and therefore cannot create caches for:
- 19 countries
- 25 countries
- 6 continents
..... but I will soon enough

GreyHams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2018 08:40AM by GreyHams. (view changes)
Re: Country checkers
July 04, 2018 08:45AM
I've disabled the tag. Rather post your request in "Checker requests" and let the pro's handle the creation of new checkers for you. :)
July 04, 2018 09:35AM
Thanks for cleaning up my mess.

I am actually a Solution Architect and have been coding for a long time.... I know exactly what I need to modify in the Tags for the checker in question... I can read the code... but I dont have permission.

How can I get permission to join 'the pros' ?
July 04, 2018 09:42AM
As per the FAQ:

How do I apply for access to write challenge checker scripts?
You contact our support. They will give you all the documentation you need and a minor test to make sure that you have understood both our challenge checker system and the guidelines.
July 04, 2018 09:48AM
Thank you.... sorry, I am new. I did read the FAQ, just not well enough obviously as my focus wasnt on creating checkers... more just editing tags
July 04, 2018 09:51AM
I probably quoted the wrong question, but your question is answered about 3 sections further on in the FAQ.
July 08, 2018 09:11AM
Hi,

I managed to find and clone a tag for the checker I needed that had the exact same config.... problem is that the system created it twice.

Tag 35980 is a duplicate of 35979

They were both created in the same second... maybe I pressed the button twice, I dont know. Anyway, the system has detected them as duplicates and disabled one, but it is the one that is linked and that people have used.

Please see the tag numbers above, 35980 was the one that should be enabled, 35979 can be removed (I will remove it myself now).

So, can someone with permission please enable 35980

Thanks,
Neil
July 08, 2018 09:13AM
Please provide the GC code for those tags, so the tags can be identified.
July 08, 2018 09:17AM
And we're happy to assist you with creating the checkers you need instead of using cloned ones which can't be adjusted afterwards.
July 08, 2018 09:30AM
Thanks,

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7T5K9/35980 is the ones that needs to be enabled, I already deleted the other one.

Thanks for your offer, but I cloned 3 checkers a few days ago and it all went fine... I dont need any others to be created just yet. The problem was that the system for some reason cloned one of them twice (in the exact same second), then disabled one of them. Only issue was it disabled the wrong one.

I have asked permission to modify tags and checkers myself.... I am a very experienced software engineer. Hopefully that gets actioned soon enough :-)
July 08, 2018 09:33AM
I can't access that tag either, so you'll have to use the support button on the project-gc site. Might be quicker than waiting for someone to notice this thread. Unfortunately I don't have rights to enable it or I would gladly have helped.
July 08, 2018 09:44AM
Thanks for responding though, I really appreciate it.
On first glance 'Support' seemed to be for more mundane Project-GC matters and not for more Challenge Checker stuff, but I am learning fast:-)
July 08, 2018 09:47AM
Fairly sure the support desk should have more rights to enable checkers than the rest of us volunteers. Give them a try anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login