To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Upvote Challenge cache

Upvote Challenge cache
September 27, 2018 12:31PM
Hi!

There is a new feature on Canadian caches: Log upvoting. https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2018/05/faq-log-upvotes/

My question is, can this data be verified by project GC? And can a challenge cache be created, for example, write 10 logs upvoted "helpful" or 1 log upvoted "helpful" x10?
September 28, 2018 06:55AM
As far as your second question, I think that such a potential challenge would not be allowed under guideline 10:

Challenge cache criteria must be based upon the type of log, not on the log content.
I suspect that upvotes would be considered to be part of the log content.
September 28, 2018 10:10AM
I see that perspective, Sumbloke... but at the same time, Favourite Points are allowed to be part of the challenge game, and those are added at the log step or after.

Also, upvotes are something that are earned, and awarded by others, so it is not exactly something one can just qualify for by writing their log alone...
October 01, 2018 12:29AM
Favorites are not part of the log. You can add and remove favorites directly from the cache page and you can have favorite given even after you delete your log.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2018 12:30AM by arisoft. (view changes)
October 01, 2018 10:13AM
Similarly, upvotes are added/removed directly from the cache page.
October 01, 2018 10:57AM
I have never seen that tool but I think that it happens with the log entry not with the cache description. Subject is the log not the cache.
October 03, 2018 05:18PM
This appears to be an experiment Groundspeak is trying. It ran for a while in Norway and recently appeared in Ontario and possibly other Canadian provinces. I found a couple in Florida but no pattern I could see on where. I seriously doubt GS will have an API for an experiment.
October 03, 2018 05:46PM
FYI- It is across Canada, the second largest country in the world...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login