To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Stats suggestion on Individual Regions (States) Map

Stats suggestion on Individual Regions (States) Map
June 28, 2019 10:00PM
Is there a place to post about topics that are not challenge checker related? I don't see such a place. so I will post it here. On the Individual States Map, using Mississippi as an example, it says, "9 counties found in United States, Mississippi". Could the total number of counties in Mississippi be included on that line, e.g. "9/82 counties found in United States, Mississippi". Just like it does for Countries, e.g., "29/51 regions found in United States"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2019 10:06PM by DrPflug. (view changes)
June 29, 2019 06:42PM
I believe this might fall under Miscellaneous, so moving it there.
July 17, 2019 03:01AM
Seems unlikely that the total count of states could be added, as the checkers only work with finds. In other words, you are asking the checker to know about information that is not included in the cache finds. A checker that looks for a number of counties in a region (eg states of the USA) would have to be preloaded with the county counts of every region of every country, and then edited should a country change their number of counties.
July 17, 2019 11:58AM
I see. I thought there was probably a table somewhere that could easily be referenced that held the number of counties for each region in every country and that number could be referenced when the maps for each region were generated for a user. But if not, then I see. It was just a minor suggestion. This request can be closed. Thanks for the reply.
July 18, 2019 09:04AM
The data is definitely available via PGC.GetNumberOfCountiesInRegion() function. I suspect the OP refers to the Project-GC statistics pages. I think using the "support" button and requesting this data to be displayed might be the best option.
July 18, 2019 01:37PM
thanks, you can close this request.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login