To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker before making the challenge?

Checker before making the challenge?
May 27, 2020 01:04PM
Hi

I have an idea for a challenge, but I need to fulfill it first, and need a checker to verify I do, as it is near impossible to verify otherwise.

The question: is it possible to get a checker made without a cache attached to it?

Thanks in advance
May 27, 2020 03:32PM
Tell us what your idea is because there might be an existing checker you could use
May 27, 2020 05:29PM
Basically checking for finds on days of the months, for Traditionals, Multies, Mysteries, Letterboxes, Wherigoes, Earthcaches, Virtuals, Webcams and Labcaches.

So it needs to check for a find on the 1st-31st regardless of month/year etc, and return which types are missing for which dates.

And another one that checks for finds (any find) for Monday, Tuesday etc for every day in the month, and return Which mondays are missing (i.e: No finds on Monday the 3rd, 15th and 27th) then do the same thing with Tuesdays etc.

When I fulfill that I intend to make a challenge for each cachetype in the first checker, and a "bonus" for when you complete them all. Same goes for the weekday challenge series.

Hope it makes sense. :)
May 27, 2020 05:40PM
You can not specify Lab Caches in a challenge.
See https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria
Not acceptable - Trackable, Benchmarking, Waymarking logs, or specifying Lab Cache finds.

Because of the amount of challenges you will have to create the listing pages to get the GCcodes because we do not like to clog the system with unmarked checkers
May 27, 2020 05:46PM
I was hoping to have 2 checkers created now, one for all cachetypes and one for all weekdays. The individual ones will not be needed until the actual challenges are made.

Regarding the LAB caches, I know they were not allowed when the rules were last updates in 2016, so I'm hoping to ask the local reviewers, when the time to make the challenges arrives. Maybe with the amounts of LAB caches released might make them acceptable for challenges, as there is more of them than Wherigoes now. :D

If it's too much hassle I understand. :)

Thanks in advance

Edit: Ohh, and the checkers can be linked to the corresponding challenge when it gets created.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2020 05:47PM by MAS83. (view changes)
May 27, 2020 06:45PM
May 27, 2020 06:56PM
First one works perfect, but I might have formulated the last one wrong, I wanted it to show which weekdays you have finds on 1st-31st, regardless of type.

So it will loop all finds until it sees a find on Monday the 1st of any month, then on to monday the 2nd of any month and so on, until it has checked for a find on all weekdays for every day day in the month.

It's a bit hard to explain, so will give an example for the output:

Monday 1st: GCXXXXXX My first Cache
Monday 2nd: GCXXXXXX Another Cache
Monday 3rd: -NONE-
Monday 4th: GCXXXXXX Cache again!
Monday 31st: GCXXXXX Cache 4
Monday: 17 out of 31 days completed.

Tuesday 1st: GCXXXXX Here we go again
Tuesday 2nd: -NONE-
Etc.

Hope that makes more sense. The output is just an example, use whatever is easiest for you. :)

Thanks in advance!
May 27, 2020 07:44PM
I changed https://project-gc.com/Challenges//51706

Can you have a look at the checker again
May 27, 2020 07:47PM
Works beautifully!

Thanks a lot!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login