To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: challenge criteria - Photos added to logs

challenge criteria - Photos added to logs
June 22, 2020 08:22PM
Is a challenge with the criteria "You must have posted X pictures to caches you've visited in your caching life" allowed under the current guidelines
I am checking as I would think this is not allowed under Section 10 'Source of Criteria' - cache page elements
As a photo added is part of the log - Challenge cache criteria must be based upon the type of log, not on the log content.

Please advise
Thanks
June 22, 2020 09:08PM
Correct. Also, photos are not included in the Project-GC checker interface, so technically we can't provide a checker, hence you can't have a challenge for it since you require a checker for new challenges. And yes, I agree that even if photos were available on the checker interface, it would probably count as log content and hence not be accepted.
June 22, 2020 09:23PM
Interesting

Where and how did this checker get created then

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8V3G0/52197
June 22, 2020 09:33PM
Project-GC knows about photos being uploaded, but doesn't pass that information on to the challenge checker interface. However, that challenge makes use of the badgegen interface. The challenge is invalid in my opinion so someone slipped up.
June 23, 2020 11:50PM
I didn't think the challenge would be approved but the hider already had the reviewer's approval, so I went ahead with the checker. The Reviewer has since been informed and the cache has been archived.
June 22, 2020 09:35PM
As I thought
Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login