To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Why don't I qualify for GC8ZZPA any more?

Why don't I qualify for GC8ZZPA any more?
February 10, 2021 10:31PM
Hi there - I'm hoping this is the right forum to discuss this.

I created this challenge cache GC8ZZPA about 6 months ago and a checker was created for it. I'm positive I qualified for the challenge (sum of 5 lowest elevation caches is less than zero) when it was created (or else I wouldn't have created the challenge) but now I no longer qualify. As a result the cache reviewer won't approve the release of my cache now. I'm hoping someone can help me understand the cause so I can explain it to to the cache reviewer.

Is there any way to verify that I did qualify for it at one point? ie. I know that the checker keeps track of how many times it's been run, and who qualifies and who doesn't, because of the tracker/counter. Is there any way I can get access to that data to show the cache reviewer I did qualify for the challenge at some point at least?

My suspicion is the reason I no longer qualify is because Project-GC changed elevation data "vendors" last year as per https://project-gc.com/Home/FAQ#868222342. Is there any way to verify that's the cause of my issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Re: Why don't I qualify for GC8ZZPA any more?
February 12, 2021 07:50AM
Thank you for the information. It sounds like I'm not the only one to have issues with the elevation data changes; mine seem relatively minor in fact (elevation-wise) compared to some of the people's feedback.

Currently the Project-GC checker "counter" for the challenge lists 22 green, 9 red. Is there any way I can get the data from who ran the checker and passed the challenge. I'm primarily interested in knowing when I ran it and when I passed the challenge. I'm sure it must have been ~6 months ago when I first submitted the checker creation request and I probably passed it multiple times before now failing.

Thanks.
Re: Why don't I qualify for GC8ZZPA any more?
February 19, 2021 09:54AM
I just checked again just now and it appears my elevation data has changed once again. What is going on? Is there anyone who can tell me what's happening in the background and when it will "settle down"?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login