Return to Project-GC

Welcome to Project-GC Q&A. Ask questions and get answers from other Project-GC users.

If you get a good answer, click the checkbox on the left to select it as the best answer.

Upvote answers or questions that have helped you.

If you don't get clear answers, edit your question to make it clearer.

Archived caches showing in Solved Puzzles

0 votes
44 views
I am still getting archived caches returned in Profile > Solved Puzzles, even though I have removed the cache note and removed any updated coordinates months ago. I guess the problem here is that PGC can get caches that have cache notes but is not removing items previously grabbed that no longer have them. Alternatively, filtering out archived caches would also be a good, although not complete solution, as non-archived caches can also have their cache note and updated coords removed, so also should not be returned.

Run this for "the Seagnoid":
http://project-gc.com/Profile/SolvedMysteries?country=New+Zealand&requirecorrected=on&submit=Filter There are about 8 archived caches returned. All have had their cache notes/corrected coords deleted months ago.

Not urgent - finding and deleting the archived caches in vGPS is easy. Just annoying.
asked May 24, 2016 in Bug reports by the Seagnoid (Expert) (34,120 points)
edited May 24, 2016 by the Seagnoid (Expert)

1 Answer

0 votes
 
Best answer
I am fairly sure that cache notes and corrected coordinates are removed from PGC when removed from Geocaching.com, AND an update is run on the cache, for your user, at Project-GC.

Cache notes are updated daily for paying members, can also be triggered by building a GPX and checking "Update corrected coordinates".

The above also fixes (should fix) the corrected coordinates field for all the caches in the VGPS. Corrected coordinates can also be fixed by using the self-support system for specific geocaches. The corrected coordinates field normally won't remove itself from Project-GC without you asking for it with any of these methods.

The solution to your problem is to add the filter against archived (and disabled) caches on the Solved Mysteries page though.
answered May 25, 2016 by magma1447 (Admin) (208,230 points)
selected May 25, 2016 by the Seagnoid (Expert)
I'm sure I had tried this before but this time I exported to GPX with update everything turned on, then emptied the vgps, re-ran the solved puzzles and yes, it worked - those without corrected coordinates have been removed. Thanks for your help, Ganja!
FYI, emptying the VGPS should not be needed. In the database the VGPS only has a very few fields:
cacheId, usernote1-5, from-link, from-page, addedBy. Maybe some other field, but nothing related to the geocache or corrected coordinates.
...