We have some goals for 2019 as always. They help keeping the motivation high! :D
Our goals for 2018 were:
1. We want to continue filling the calendar. We closed the calendar on leap day 2016. In 2017 we closed the traditional calendar, and in 2018 we are going to close both the mystery and the multi calendar. We are missing 4 days with mysteries and around 80 days with multies.
-December 8th we logged the last multi, and now have 1+ Traditional, Mystery & Multi on each calendar day.
2. We are also trying to log every D/T combination this year, and maybe in that progress close the matrix81 for the fourth time.
-We got lucky and someone made a DT81 series with all letterboxes. So the first cachetype we closed the DT81 with, was letterboxes. :D
3. Attend the Mega in Randers (Denmark) again this year.
-This was the easiest of our goals to reach. :D
4. Log over 1000 caches in 2018.
-I ended on 1330 caches in 2018.
5. Log our 7000th cache (Needs to be a virtual for a challenge, so we appreciate all the new virtuals)
-We logged our 7000th on June 27th, but decided to save a virtual for number 10000 instead. :)
Now the goals for 2019 are a bit less hectic (except for our wildcard goal :P)
1. Attend our first GIGA in Hamburg (GC77777)
2. Reach 9000 finds.
3. Get out and check out a place I might place my first earthcache at.
4. Get a find in all mainland counties in Western Denmark.
5. Close a few (or all) of the remaining degrees in the Danish 360 degree challenge.
6. Log 25+ (Preferably 30+) challenges in a day.
7. Log some of the many mysteries we have solved over the years.
8. Our wildcard goal is something we are not ready to share, as it is 50/50 if we will be able to pull it off. We do have a backup plan in case of failure though. :)
So in short: Fewer, but longer, geocaching trips in 2019.
It's nice to read other peoples goals, it gives inspiration for the goals in 2020! :D