My strategy is to set a goal for what level I want by year end, get there now, and utilize the PGC services to maintain it. So, how am I doing that? These are the point categories that I am using
1. Site activity points - 6.81 pts (I use the 360 mapping tool and challenge checker tools a lot)
2. Community Support - currently at 42.70 pts.
3. Validated email address - 15.00 pts.
4. PGC notifiers (activate) - 10.00 pts.
5. Profilestats usage - 1.30 pts. (ask your geo friends to keep checking your profile)
6. Challenge Checker Tags - 0.40 pts.
7. Challenge checker usage - 22.00 pts.
Even without a paid membership, I am maintaining an Emerald level. As the year progresses I will be able to see if I can hold that. Diamond is attainable since I am ranked #136 with 98.21 points total at this moment.