Always a great question at this time of year - we didn’t manage all our 2020 goals so let’s hope we can all set some new ones!
Our goals for 2021 (apart from keeping fit and well) are:
(1) Achieve 10,000 finds
(2) Fill our find date calendar with at least 3 caches per day.
(3) Try to fill in a few more months on our Jasmer grid by finding some golden oldies - we have only 12 months to go.
(4) Hide (and find) some more challenge caches.
(5) As we were allocated a Community Celebration event, we hope to organise a special 2020 event in 2021, and celebrate not only 20 Years of Geocaching, but also a world getting closer to its old self again!
Our goals and ambitions for 2020 were:
(1) Attend 3 Mega events (including our first one outside the UK, and the GPS Maze) and at least 40 other events.
Sadly, we never got to attend any Mega events, and only managed to go to 9 ordinary events before the UK lockdown on March 23 2020. Fingers crossed for 2021.
(2) Fill our find date calendar with at least 2 caches per day.
As of 22 November we have 4 days still to go, but under current restrictions and exercising allowed, we should be able to complete this.
(3) Visit more countries outside the UK. We have 10 country souvenirs so far, so would like to increase these.
Our overall plans were scuppered, but we managed to get to Ireland in early March so added one country.
(4) Try to complete our D/T grid the second time round.
Completed on 9 August with a D1/T3.5.
(5) Find Europe’s First cache GC43.
Achieved on 6 March when we were in Ireland 2 weeks before lockdown! A great cache!
We also hid a Large size cache, the last of our 2019 goals now fulfilled.