Advanced

Change History

Moderators will move threads from "Checker requests" into this forum after a while when it has been decided that the challenge checker isn't possible for one or another reason. The threads should not be moved right away. The challenge owner should have a chance to adjust his requirements if that helps.

Changed By: Sirusc
Change Date: October 15, 2019 10:44PM

Re: GC87FM1 Countries, Types, 4x4 Matrix
I'm testing it right now.

hathneit is still timing out. She has filled the 4x4 grid 19 times and has 36 countries.

For the other 35 I've tested sp far, the 13 qualified has been fast.
For many of the geocachers not qualifying it feels like it's running for a long time, but the longest was wilfredowitz with 29 seconds, so well within time limit.
I don't know how to test the 3rd point, so I haven't done that.

Edit: SP-DK times out too
I've tested top 200 danes with the most countries today (the last having 22 countries).

I only tested for the 2 first points since I didn't know how to test for the 3rd.

There was 26 qualified geocachers. For all of them the solution was found in less than a second (the slowest being 0.8).

There was 4 timeouts:
hathneit (19 * 4x4 matrix, 36 countries)
SP-DK (80 * 4x4 matrix, 25 countries)
DK_Titan (9 * 4x4 matrix, 25 countries)
L8hougs (11 * 4x4 matrix, 22 countries)

I don't know if it helps, but what about:
- Using method 2
- Every time a guess has to be made, do it by rarest D/T. If you've tried guessing all of the possibilities for that D/T-combination and failed every time you know no solution is possible.
- When filling out after a guess, do some memorization, so you can easily fill out in the same way after a different guess of the same D/T.
Changed By: Sirusc
Change Date: October 15, 2019 09:56PM

hathneit is still timing out. She has filled the 4x4 grid 19 times and has 36 countries.

For many of the geocachers not qualifying it feels like it's running for a long time, but the longest was wilfredowitz with 29 seconds, so well within time limit.

Edit: SP-DK times out too

Original Message

Author: Sirusc
Date: October 15, 2019 09:00PM