Advanced

Change History

Moderators will move threads from "Checker requests" into this forum after a while when it has been decided that the challenge checker isn't possible for one or another reason. The threads should not be moved right away. The challenge owner should have a chance to adjust his requirements if that helps.

Changed By: magma1447
Change Date: May 28, 2016 03:33PM

Re: 360 Challenge
The 360-challenge checkers are very special. To get a fully featured checker for those you will need to contact Project-GC's support. There was recently added a special note about them in the [url=http://project-gc.com/forum/read?8,13]READ FIRST[/url] in this forum.

The support team will need to know:
* The center point (N39º 20.738, W077º 08.118)
* The area (Maryland)

The usual case for such challenge to work is that it requires 8000-10000 geocaches and a good center point. Otherwise they normally don't have geocaches in all the sectors. Maryland seems to have almost exactly 10000 geocaches, so it has potential.

Please also note that the new guidelines require you to fulfil the challenge yourself. With your ~1700 finds in Maryland I would guess you are quite far away from completing it, if you don't live very close to the center point chosen, which also needs to be well centered in the state.

From experience, it takes quite a lot of work to complete these challenges. I have myself logged one, and almost have one more completed. I would say that I have found an average of 3 sectors per hour. So, if missing half of the sectors, it's 180*/3h to complete it. Some parts are of course easier than others.
Changed By: magma1447
Change Date: May 28, 2016 03:32PM

The 360-challenge checkers are very special. To get a fully featured checker for those you will need to contact Project-GC's support. There was recently added a special note about them in the [url=http://project-gc.com/forum/read?8,13]READ FIRST[/url] in this forum.

* The area (Maryland)

The usual case for such challenge to work is that it requires 8000-10000 geocaches and a good center point. Otherwise they normally don't have geocaches in all the sectors. Maryland seems to have almost exactly 10000 geocaches, so it has potential.

Please also note that the new guidelines require you to fulfil the challenge yourself. With your ~1700 finds in Maryland I would guess you are quite far away from completing it, if you don't live very close to the center point chosen, which also needs to be well centered in the state.

From experience, it takes quite a lot of work to complete these challenges. I have myself logged one, and almost have one more completed. I would say that I have found an average of 3 sectors per hour. So, if missing half of the sectors, it's 180*3h to complete it. Some parts are of course easier than others.

Original Message

Author: magma1447
Date: May 28, 2016 03:29PM

* The area (Maryland)