Advanced

Change History

Moderators will move threads from "Checker requests" into this forum after a while when it has been decided that the challenge checker isn't possible for one or another reason. The threads should not be moved right away. The challenge owner should have a chance to adjust his requirements if that helps.

Changed By: team novo
Change Date: November 27, 2020 08:46AM

Re: GC91D9H; average D + average T = 5 or greater
vogelbird, that said (in the immediate previous post), I actually really like your suggestion to set the challenge over a set number of caches rather than the total finds as it will indeed keep a lot of experienced cachers happy. Yes we have a very high D/T average but setting up my dee + tee = 5 challenge was not meant to be about showing that off. I think it will certainly be good to have more folks essentially trying for higher D and T caches. So thanks for the suggestion.

Checker seems to work well. I assume it takes your the best [b]sequence of 555 caches [/b] and samples over those that - or does it take your most recent 555 caches? Can you please elaborate? I'll need to let people know on the cache page. If I have an option I think it would be preferable if it were your best [u]sequence of 555 caches.
[/u] ie it MUST be 555 caches in a row, somewhere in your total finds. I do not want it to be just any of the best 555 caches randomly from finds as that would favour cachers with high overall finds which is not even close to what I want to achieve with the challenge.

I have one further request. Would you please be able to set the script out to include an Average Total, please? Seeing as the challenge is specifically asking for the total of the average D and average T to be 5 or greater, I think it would be good or even mandatory to have that in the script. Ideally:

Using 555 finds, I have:
Average Difficulty: 3.5
Average Terrain: 3.2
Average Total: 6.7

Thank you!!

novo
Changed By: team novo
Change Date: November 27, 2020 07:57AM

vogelbird, that said (in the immediate previous post), I actually really like your suggestion to set the challenge over a set number of caches rather than the total finds as it will indeed keep a lot of experienced cachers happy. Yes we have a very high D/T average but setting up by my dee + tee = 5 challenge was not meant to be about showing that off. I think it will certainly be good to have more folks essentially trying for higher D and T caches. So thanks for the suggestion.

Checker seems to work well. I assume it takes your best 555 caches and samples over those - or does it take your most recent 555 caches? Can you please elaborate? I'll need to let people know on the cache page. If I have an option I think it would be preferable if it were your best 555 caches.

I have one further request. Would you please be able to set the script out to include an Average Total, please? Seeing as the challenge is specifically asking for the total of the average D and average T to be 5 or greater, I think it would be good or even mandatory to have that in the script. Ideally:

Using 555 finds, I have:

Thank you!!

novo

Original Message

Author: team novo
Date: November 27, 2020 07:55AM

vogelbird, that said (in the immediate previous post), I actually really like your suggestion to set the challenge over a set number of caches rather than the total finds as it will indeed keep a lot of experienced cachers happy. Yes we have a very high D/T average but setting up by dee + tee = 5 challenge was not meant to be about showing that off. I think it will certainly be good to have more folks essentially trying for higher D and T caches. So thanks for the suggestion.

Checker seems to work well. I assume it takes your best 555 caches and samples over those - or does it take your most recent 555 caches? Can you please elaborate? I'll need to let people know on the cache page. If I have an option I think it would be preferable if it were your best 555 caches.

Using 555 finds, I have:

Thank you!!

novo