Advanced

Change History

Moderators will move threads from "Checker requests" into this forum after a while when it has been decided that the challenge checker isn't possible for one or another reason. The threads should not be moved right away. The challenge owner should have a chance to adjust his requirements if that helps.

Changed By: GreyHams
Change Date: January 04, 2021 10:52PM

Re: Streak vs Slump January Challenge
Yes, you are correct as to what caused the issue. The script takes the day of joining OR a date specified in the config as "day 1"..... I can change this to be the day of the first find with no problem.

However, you also have realised the issue about "what if they found their first cache on Jan 31st". Currently, the script would PASS that user after 1 find as they have no slumps in Jan and a 1 day streak. There are two options I can think of:

1- backdate their 'start day' to the start of the month. The user in the example would then FAIL (edit: in their first year ) as they have a 30 day slump. However, they would then ALWAYS fail the challenge until they had a streak of 31 days..... probably not what you intended.

2- If the users first ever find is on the 2nd (or after) of the configured month, then ignore all of the finds that user found the month they joined in.

Original Message

Author: GreyHams
Date: January 04, 2021 06:46AM

Re: Streak vs Slump January Challenge
Yes, you are correct as to what caused the issue. The script takes the day of joining OR a date specified in the config as "day 1"..... I can change this to be the day of the first find with no problem.

However, you also have realised the issue about "what if they found their first cache on Jan 31st". Currently, the script would PASS that user after 1 find as they have no slumps in Jan and a 1 day streak. There are two options I can think of:

1- backdate their 'start day' to the start of the month. The user in the example would then FAIL as they have a 30 day slump. However, they would then ALWAYS fail the challenge until they had a streak of 31 days..... probably not what you intended.

2- If the users first ever find is on the 2nd (or after) of the configured month, then ignore all of the finds that user found the month they joined in.