Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: Target.
Change Date: September 03, 2017 04:57PM

Re: Checker request - GC5QX37
I would be surprised it that will be allowed to publish a similar today as you indicated

[quote="14. Positive Challenge Criteria Not Acceptable"]
Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. Examples: Challenges that require ratios in finds; such as 10% of finds must be Attended logs, challenges that require finding only some particular type for over time, as 100 consecutive Mystery finds.
[/quote]

The challenge punish you for finding caches sine the requirement increases. Finding another cache shall never make a challenge harder.

The checker is also incorrect since virtual is include. My only US find is a virtual see the Quote. With the physically signed the caches yourself would also exclude earth caches and webcams. And if you are extreme evens since singing event logs are not a requirement. There is a bookmark list for traveling caches that can be used. An the Master of the Universe owner and the specified GC codes are not excluded

[quote]"Find caches in X number of states"
2016-03-25 United States, Missouri - GC3507 Population Center - Bull's Eye
Total number of founds 5926 / 1000 => 5
Qualifying 1 / 5, FAILED[/quote]

[quote]For the purposes of this challenge, no traveling caches are allowed and only caches where you have physically signed the caches yourself are allowed please (i.e. no virtual caches, no caches placed by Master of the Universe, and no caches where another cacher signs you in at another location such as GC3PBQ7 and GC2089W)
[/quote]

The max 51 states requirement is also not included.

And on Alamogul
[quote]
"Find caches in X number of states"
2002-11-03 United States, California - GC3ECA Music To Our Ears
2007-07-18 United States, Arkansas - GCN5AR Statehouse Convention Center
Total number of founds 173641 / 1000 => 173
Qualifying 51 / 173, FAILED
[/quote]

One unclear thing about the challenge is if only finds in the US should be included? It feels like is a evil challange for foreigners if only US states are include but finds outside the US are counted

Original Message

Author: Target.
Date: September 03, 2017 04:56PM

Re: Checker request - GC5QX37
I would be surprised it that will be allowed to publish a similar today as you indicated

[quote="14. Positive Challenge Criteria Not Acceptable"]
Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. Examples: Challenges that require ratios in finds; such as 10% of finds must be Attended logs, challenges that require finding only some particular type for over time, as 100 consecutive Mystery finds.
[/quote]

The challenge punish you for finding caches sine the requirement increases. Finding another cache shall never make a challenge harder.

The checker is also incorrect since virtual is include. My only US find is a virtual see the Quote. With the physically signed the caches yourself would also exclude earth caches and webcams. And if you are extreme evens since singing event logs are not a requirement. There is a bookmark list for traveling caches that can be used. An the Master of the Universe owner and the specified GC codes are not excluded

[quote]"Find caches in X number of states"
2016-03-25 United States, Missouri - GC3507 Population Center - Bull's Eye
Total number of founds 5926 / 1000 => 5
Qualifying 1 / 5, FAILED[/quote]

[quote]For the purposes of this challenge, no traveling caches are allowed and only caches where you have physically signed the caches yourself are allowed please (i.e. no virtual caches, no caches placed by Master of the Universe, and no caches where another cacher signs you in at another location such as GC3PBQ7 and GC2089W)
[/quote]

The max 51 states requirement is also not included.

And on Alamogul
"Find caches in X number of states"
2002-11-03 United States, California - GC3ECA Music To Our Ears
2007-07-18 United States, Arkansas - GCN5AR Statehouse Convention Center
Total number of founds 173641 / 1000 => 173
Qualifying 51 / 173, FAILED
[/quote]

One unclear thing about the challenge is if only finds in the US should be included? It feels like is a evil challange for foreigners if only US states are include but finds outside the US are counted