Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: GenCuster
Change Date: August 18, 2016 10:51AM

Re: GC6QBCA - The 1% of a thousand finds Challenge
Thanks.
I tested as follows:
Cacher rosmar. They showed as qualifying but only 1 cache in South Island, 9 in North Island.
Cacher fuzzynz. They qualified but own GC1B2YW. I never thought of that... After scrolling back through hundreds of pages, it looks like it was a maintenance log, recorded as a find. Oops. But should be excluded, anyway, unless it's a mega or giga event.

I'm wondering if this needs to be rethought - I saw this same generic script in use on a 100 caches per month in a year challenge. As there are only 3 regions, 2 in use, In New Zealand, could they be hard-coded? Then count finds in each, count totals. Don't stop at 10, but show all their finds of caches with >= 1,000 finds. If one regional sub-total >= 2 and grand-total >= 10 it would work. If that's possible, of course. Or even without hard-coding region name?

I'm loath to go down that track though, as there are good 'counties' defined via polygon files in New Zealand (NZ) and I'd like to create a similar challenge at that level too, so I'd prefer generic.

Could you please change output to:
"output table gccode, visitdate as 'Date found', region as 'Island', num_finds as 'Number of Finds', cache_name as 'Name'."
That should make it easier to read. (I see the column names are output as lowercase, regardless of what is keyed) As I can't (yet?) change a tag or create a script,

Thanks, GC.

Nb: sample code to illustrate what I think I need, but I don't see how to add totals.

{
"challenge": [
"With name 'Caches found in South Island.' find caches where country == 'New Zealand' and num_finds >= 1000 and owner_id <> profileId and region == 'South Island'.",
"With name 'Caches found in North Island.' find caches where country == 'New Zealand' and num_finds >= 1000 and owner_id <> profileId and region == 'North Island'.",
"Fulfilled with unique caches.",
"fulfilled with 2 groups.",
PUT CODE HERE FOR SUBTOTALS. Eg: Each Group must >= 2, total >= 10
"output groups including empty with totals."
"O"output table gccode, cache_name as 'Name', region, visitdate as 'Date found', region as 'Island', num_finds as 'Number of Finds'."
, cache_name as 'Name'."
]
}

Original Message

Author: GenCuster
Date: August 18, 2016 10:38AM

Re: GC6QBCA - The 1% of a thousand finds Challenge
Thanks.
I tested as follows:
Cacher rosmar. They showed as qualifying but only 1 cache in South Island, 9 in North Island.
Cacher fuzzynz. They qualified but own GC1B2YW. I never thought of that... After scrolling back through hundreds of pages, it looks like it was a maintenance log, recorded as a find. Oops. But should be excluded, anyway, unless it's a mega or giga event.

I'm wondering if this needs to be rethought - I saw this same generic script in use on a 100 caches per month in a year challenge. As there are only 3 regions, 2 in use, In New Zealand, could they be hard-coded? Then count finds in each, count totals. Don't stop at 10, but show all their finds of caches with >= 1,000 finds. If one regional sub-total >= 2 and grand-total >= 10 it would work. If that's possible, of course. Or even without hard-coding region name?

I'm loath to go down that track though, as there are good 'counties' defined via polygon files in New Zealand (NZ) and I'd like to create a similar challenge at that level too, so I'd prefer generic.

Could you please change output to:
"output table gccode, visitdate as 'Date found', region as 'Island', num_finds as 'Number of Finds', cache_name as 'Name'."
That should make it easier to read. (I see the column names are output as lowercase, regardless of what is keyed) As I can't (yet?) change a tag or create a script,

Thanks, GC.

Nb: sample code to illustrate what I think I need, but I don't see how to add totals.

{
"challenge": [
"With name 'Caches found in South Island.' find caches where country == 'New Zealand' and num_finds >= 1000 and owner_id <> profileId and region == 'South Island'.",
"With name 'Caches found in North Island.' find caches where country == 'New Zealand' and num_finds >= 1000 and owner_id <> profileId and region == 'North Island'.",
"Fulfilled with unique caches.",
"fulfilled with 2 groups.",
PUT CODE HERE FOR SUBTOTALS. Eg: Each Group must >= 2, total >= 10
"output groups including empty with totals."
"Output table gccode, cache_name as 'Name', region, visitdate as 'Date found', num_finds as 'Number of Finds'."
]
}