Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: Target.
Change Date: September 25, 2016 11:54AM

Re: GC6TFA1 Old Timers (A Challenge Cache)
What is "UN recognized countries"?
I cant find any list with that
To the best of my Knowledge the UN don't recognized state.
It has members that are voted in by 2/3 of member state and by the security counsil.
But that is not a requirement for a Sovereign state. We can all agree that Switzerland was a sovereign state before 2002. I suspect all UN members have recognized it since the UN foundation.

And historical not all UN members were Sovereign states
Belarus, Ukraine, India, Philippines was all founding member but not independent. New Zealand was only de facto a sovereign state at the foundation. And I thin the US is still allowed to have 2 states as independent members because Sovjet union and UK hade multipel memberships at foundation

UN have member and invited no member states https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states
The non members states are Palestine and Holy See(Vatican)
And then Taiwan will not be included
If only members are used you have still the problem with different definition

The Kingdom of the Netherlands is the UN member but splint in Netherlands,Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten perhaps some else on gc.com.

And gc.com does not have the Irish republic included only the Island of Ireland with Northern Ireland included.

I have no idea if the oldest cache can exist in split areas.

And I suspect that what the UK represents in the UN includes British Overseas Territory and Crown Dependencies

Original Message

Author: Target.
Date: September 25, 2016 11:52AM

Re: GC6TFA1 Old Timers (A Challenge Cache)
What is "UN recognized countries"?
I cant find any list with that
To the best of my Knowledge the UN don't recognized state.
It has members that are voted in by 2/3 of member state and by the security counsil.
But that is not a requirement for a Sovereign state. We can all agree that Switzerland was a sovereign state before 2002. I suspect all UN members have recognized it since the UN foundation.

And historical not all UN members were Sovereign states
Belarus, Ukraine, India, Philippines was all founding member but not independent. New Zealand was only de facto a sovereign state at the foundation. And I thin the US is still allowed to have 2 states as independent members because Sovjet union and UK hade multipel memberships at foundation

UN have member and invited no member states https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states
If only members are used you have still the problem with diffrent definition

The Kingdom of the Netherlands is the UN member but splint in Netherlands,Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten perhaps some else on gc.com.

And gc.com does not have the Irish republic included only the Island of Ireland with Northern Ireland included.

I have no idea if the oldest cache can exist in split areas.

And I suspect that what the UK represents in the UN includes British Overseas Territory and Crown Dependencies