Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: pepsilight1969
Change Date: March 08, 2020 05:06PM

Re: Request for 26 different Challenge-Checkers
Hy again :)
Regarding home coordinates

[i]> GC8GEAJ - GhC #17 Challenge: Fernweh
• You fulfill the conditions when, in your personal statistics, the distance from your home zone to your northernost, southernost, easternost and westernost finds is at least 4,000 km in total.[/i]
Home coordinates are not always available to the checker system, so not sure how the reviewer okay'ed this one?

[i]> GC8GEB1 - GhC #30 Challenge: Nah und fern und sonstwo
• In your statistics there is an overview of your finds divided by 12 different distances (Distance to Finds). Find at least 1 cache in 9 of these 12 distances.[/i]
Once again the home coordinates are not always available, so not possible to provide a checker.

Both challenges are aproved by our reviewer!
Question: Why are the home coordinates not available to the checker-system? Is it because that not everbody is specifying it in their profile?
If it is part of the challenge: Step one: plot in your home coordinates. Step two: then the requested challenge. Is it then possible to write a checker for these two challenges.

Kind regards
pepsilight1969

Challenge #30 is based on the statistics in every geocaching profile like the following picture

[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/gs-geo-images/4ea892ae-b2c6-4a7c-813c-f02a9d7a966f.jpg[/img]

Kind regards
pepsilight1969

Original Message

Author: pepsilight1969
Date: March 08, 2020 05:02PM

Re: Request for 26 different Challenge-Checkers
Hy again :)
Regarding home coordinates

[i]> GC8GEAJ - GhC #17 Challenge: Fernweh
• You fulfill the conditions when, in your personal statistics, the distance from your home zone to your northernost, southernost, easternost and westernost finds is at least 4,000 km in total.[/i]
Home coordinates are not always available to the checker system, so not sure how the reviewer okay'ed this one?

[i]> GC8GEB1 - GhC #30 Challenge: Nah und fern und sonstwo
• In your statistics there is an overview of your finds divided by 12 different distances (Distance to Finds). Find at least 1 cache in 9 of these 12 distances.[/i]
Once again the home coordinates are not always available, so not possible to provide a checker.

Both challenges are aproved by our reviewer!
Question: Why are the home coordinates not available to the checker-system? Is it because that not everbody is specifying it in their profile?
If it is part of the challenge: Step one: plot in your home coordinates. Step two: then the requested challenge. Is it then possible to write a checker for these two challenges.

Kind regards
pepsilight1969

[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/gs-geo-images/4ea892ae-b2c6-4a7c-813c-f02a9d7a966f.jpg[/img]