Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: ernie66
Change Date: May 23, 2021 11:03PM

Re: GC1ZAZG - High in Colorado
Hello DrAcorn,

Thanks for providing this script. It is close, but it does not quite look like it exactly follows the rules of the cache.

Your script: Find the highest 120 caches in Colorado. For each, if I have found the cache, add its elevation to my total.

The rules: Find the highest 120 caches in Colorado. For each of the highest 100 caches I don't own, if I have found the cache, then add its elevation to my total.

One possible algorithm:

[code]
n = 1
for each cache in 'high' do
if cache is archived OR I own the cache, do nothing
else if I have found the cache then
add cache elevation to `elev`
show cache in table position n as green
increment n
end else
show cache in table position n as black
increment n
end
if n > 100 exit loop
end
[/code]

Thanks!
--ernie66
Changed By: ernie66
Change Date: May 23, 2021 10:54PM

Hello DrAcorn,

Thanks for providing this script. It is close, but it does not quite look like it exactly follows the rules of the cache.

Your script: Find the highest 120 caches in Colorado. For each, if I have found the cache, add its elevation to my total.

The rules: Find the highest 120 caches in Colorado. For each of the highest 100 caches I don't own, if I have found the cache, then add its elevation to my total.

One possible algorithm:

[code]
n = 1
if I own the cache, do nothing
increment n
end else
increment n
end
if n > 100 exit loop
end
[/code]

Thanks!
--ernie66

Original Message

Author: ernie66
Date: May 23, 2021 10:53PM

Hello DrAcorn,

One possible algorithm:

n = 1
if I own the cache, do nothing
increment n
end else
increment n
end