Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: VeteranTributes
Change Date: April 03, 2023 03:41PM

Re: Need a challenge checker for GCA6EXE
Does the checker list out every country with its corresponding continent? My reviewer said I had to actually list out every country and which continent each goes with on my Challenge Cache Page description. I had never seen another challenge where all 200 or so countries of the world had to be listed out like that.

[u]Here is the description I had to write out for my new Continent Challenge[/u]:

The cache container IS located at the posted coordinates! However, you cannot log a find on this cache unless you have found at least 1 cache on at least 3 continents! Read to the bottom to find a list of countries in each continent.

All cache types except Reverse (locationless) and Traveling Caches count for this challenge.

You can seek and find the cache any time you want, and you can even sign the log, but don’t log it as a find until you have met the requirements of the challenge as listed above. All “Found It” logs that do not meet the requirements listed above will be deleted. The Challenge Checker output will be your proof of qualifying for this challenge.

For the purposes of this Challenge, the 7 continents and their corresponding countries (some "countries" are actually territories, but are counted as countries by geocaching...if a Territory is listed, the parent country is listed in parentheses) are [Note that some countries are in more than one continent; for instance, Russia counts for both Europe and Asia]:

Africa:

Algeria, Angola, Azores (Portugal), Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canary Islands (Spain), Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Ceuta (Spain), Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, The Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, French Southern and Antarctic Lands (France), Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Madeira (Portugal), Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte (France), Melilla (Spain), Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Pelagie Islands (Italy), Plazas de soberanía (Spain), Réunion (France), Rwanda, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha (United Kingdom), São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Socotra Archipelago (Yemen), Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara (Morocco), Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

Antarctica:

Antarctica has no countries, so the continent itself is counted as a country by geocaching.

Asia:

Afghanistan, Akrotiri and Dhekelia (United Kingdom), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, British Indian Ocean Territory (United Kingdom), Brunei, Cambodia, China, Christmas Island (Australia), Cocos (Keeling) Islands (Australia), Cyprus, East Timor, Egypt, Georgia, Hong Kong (China), India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macau (China), Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, and Yemen.

Australia (Oceania):

American Samoa (United States of America), Ashmore and Cartier Islands (Australia), Australia, Baker Island (United States of America), Central Papua (Indonesia), Cook Islands, Coral Sea Islands (Australia), Easter Island (Chile), Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia (France), Galápagos Islands (Ecuador), Guam (United States of America), Hawaii (United States of America), Highland Papua (Indonesia), Howland Island (United States of America), Jarvis Island (United States of America), Johnston Atoll (United States of America), Juan Fernández Islands (Chili), Kingman Reef (United States of America), Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Midway Atoll (United States of America), Nauru, New Caledonia (France), New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island (Australia), Northern Mariana Islands (United States of America), Ogasawara Village (Japan), Palau, Palmyra Atoll (United States of America), Papua (Indonesia), Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom), Samoa, Solomon Islands, South Papua (Indonesia), Southwest Papua (Indonesia), Tokelau (New Zealand), Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wake Island (United States of America), Wallis and Futuna (France), and West Papua (Indonesia).

Europe:

Åland (Finland), Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands (Denmark), Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar (United Kingdom), Greece, Guernsey (United Kingdom), Hungary, Isle of Man (United Kingdom), Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Jersey (United Kingdom), Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, The Netherlands, North Macedonia, Northern Ireland (United Kingdom), Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Svalbard (Norway), Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Vatican City.

North America:

Anguilla (United Kingdom), Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba (Netherlands), The Bahamas, Bajo Nuevo Bank (Columbia), Barbados, Belize, Bermuda (United Kingdom), Bonaire (Netherlands), The British Virgin Islands (United Kingdom), Canada, The Cayman Islands (United Kingdom), Clipperton Island (France), Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Curaçao (Netherlands), The Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Federal Dependencies of Venezuela (Venezuela), Greenland (Denmark), Grenada, Guadeloupe (France), Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique (France), Mexico, Montserrat (United Kingdom), Navassa Island (United States of America), Nicaragua, Nueva Esparta State (Venezuela), Panama, Puerto Rico (United States of America), Saba (Netherlands), Saint Barthélemy (France), Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin (France), Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France), Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Andrés and Providencia (Columbia), Serranilla Bank (Columbia), Sint Eustatius (Netherlands), Sint Maarten (Netherlands),Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands (United Kingdom), The United States of America, and The United States Virgin Islands (United States of America).

South America:

Argentina, Bolivia, Bouvet Island (Norway), Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (United Kingdom), French Guiana (France), Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (United Kingdom), Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

Original Message

Author: VeteranTributes
Date: April 03, 2023 03:39PM

Re: Need a challenge checker for GCA6EXE
Does the checker list out every country with its corresponding continent? My reviewer said I had to actually list out every country and which continent each goes with on my Challenge Cache Page description. I had never seen another challenge where all 200 or so countries of the world had to be listed out like that.