Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Message: Re: Checker requested for GC31B2Z that includes Adventure Labs

Changed By: bmuzzin
Change Date: August 16, 2023 07:47PM

Re: Checker requested for GC31B2Z that includes Adventure Labs
I retagged this challenge... pretty sure this fulfills the requirements, although that page is pretty hard to grok.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC31B2Z/80261

Let us know if this works.

(note: the "weekn" shown in the output is the Nth week since geocaching began, so if you somehow had a find on May 7th 2000, that would be weekn=1).

Edit: There's some conflicting information in the description, because of the "We are not accepting virtual, event, Whereigo or webcam caches will be for this challenge.", and "A streak of 216 days gaurantees you have hit at least 30 Sundays in the interim. You will then be able to find and claim the cache". If you're excluding types, then a streak of 216 days doesn't guarantee that you pass. Presumably, since ALs didn't exist at the time this was published, they also wouldn't be included, as they seem to be trying to exclude non-physical caches (although, didn't exclude Earthcaches, which aren't physical and were available at this time this was published, and Wherigos, is a strange exclusion, because they are physical). Perhaps you should contact the CO and ask for clarification. Whatever the case, the tag can be easily modified. For now, I'll keep it as the more restrictive interpretation.
Changed By: bmuzzin
Change Date: August 16, 2023 07:46PM

I retagged this challenge... pretty sure this fulfills the requirements, although that page is pretty hard to grok.

(note: the "weekn" shown in the output is the Nth week since geocaching began, so if you somehow had a find on May 7th 2000, that would be weekn=1).

Edit: There's some conflicting information in the description, because of the "We are not accepting virtual, event, Whereigo or webcam caches will be for this challenge.", and "A streak of 216 days gaurantees you have hit at least 30 Sundays in the interim. You will then be able to find and claim the cache". If you're excluding types, then a streak of 216 days doesn't guarantee that you pass. Presumably, since ALs didn't exist at the time this was published, they also wouldn't be included, as they seem to be trying to exclude non-physical caches (although, didn't exclude Earthcaches, which aren't physical and were available at this time this was published, and Wherigos, because they are physical). Perhaps you should contact the CO and ask for clarification. Whatever the case, the tag can be easily modified. For now, I'll keep it as the more restrictive interpretation.

Original Message

Author: bmuzzin
Date: August 16, 2023 07:18PM